• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Completed Anime/Manga Trivia Challenge

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Anime/Manga
    Trivia Challenge

Anime/Manga Trivia Challenge

Are you ready to test your Anime/Manga knowledge? Get ready for this team-based trivia challenge, spanning the entirety of GT!

Event Information

Since this is the first time the event is being held, it's important to set up the format and rules of the event.

General:

• The event is a trivia-type event in which questions will be posted each day and answers will be submitted by the end of each day, spanning the entire 15 days of the Get-Together.
    • Starting the first day, and every second day afterwards, the questions will be Music Trivia. I will post some form of Anime music, be it Openings, Endings, or some other themes that may play during the anime, and you will have to answer what it is. So this would be on October 9th, 11th, 13th, and so on.
    • Every day that is not Music Trivia will have some other sort of themed questions, but it won't be identifying music. I will dub this Special Trivia.
    • Submissions will be due at 11:59pm EST each day. I will (try to) remind everyone who adds the @Anime Trivia role on Discord when the submission time is close.
    • Most days will have 10 questions, except Super Sundays (every Sunday), which will have 15.
    • For answer submissions, your team will have 3 guesses per day. I will tell you which answers are correct or incorrect. Answers can be submitted to me via PM on PokéCommunity or DM on Discord (#5qwerty0466). DMs will get a faster response since I get notifications on my phone.

Music Trivia:

• The audio clips will be a short, cut segment of the full audio clip.
    • You must correctly identify the name of the Anime for your answer to be considered for points.
    • When submitting answers, aim to be as specific as possible and try to avoid ambiguity. For example, if the audio clip is the following:

...then answers such as "Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood OP1" and "Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Again - YUI" are acceptable answers. However, "Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Opening" would not be acceptable since it's not clear which opening you're referring to.

Special Trivia:

• Will be a random format each time. Could be general trivia about Anime/Manga, or could be something else entirely???
    • The aim is to have more questions tied to Manga, so as to have more of a balance between Anime and Manga questions (considering Music Trivia is all basically Anime questions). Though there aren't that many Manga-exclusive things I can really do, but do expect some questions on Manga.

Scoring:

• Each correct answer will be worth 5 points. This is true for both Music and Special Trivia unless stated otherwise.
    • For Music Trivia, 2 points will be awarded if you get the Anime correct (but not the song).
    • If all answers for a certain day are correct, then 5 additional points will be awarded to your team.
    • If your team is the first to submit all correct answers, then 10 points will be awarded to your team.
    • 150 GT Points will be given to the winning team at the end of the event, and 100 GT Points will be given to the other team.

Achievements:

• Pinnacle of Hard Work - 10 points - Score 100% at least 6 days of the challenge.
    • Pinnacle of Great Wisdom - 20 points - Score 100% at least 10 days of the challenge.
    • Pinnacle of Perfection - 30 points - Score 100% every day of the challenge.
    • Team STRKY - 15 points - For 5 days in a row, be the first to submit the "more correct" answers.

Point Tally

Team Arqueros
    Team Guerreros

Important!

This rule is listed separately for clarity and to signify its importance. For the purposes of honour and fairness in competition, please do not look up the answers! For Music Trivia this would include using applications such as Shazam to reverse search any of the audio clips. You should all try to use existing knowledge to try and answer the questions!

If there are any questions at all, feel free to reach out to me. Good luck and have fun!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Anime/Manga
    Trivia Challenge

Day One - Opening Day

And here we go! Today is a Super Sunday, so you'll be getting 5 extra questions!

We're gonna be starting off pretty easy with some fairly well known (or so I've heard) Anime Openings! Just a heads-up, these are gonna be the first 10 seconds or so of each opening.

Remember you have 3 submissions per team, and you can PM me here or DM me on Discord (5qwerty#0466), though I prefer Discord. Remember the deadline is at 11:59pm EST! Good luck!

Questions:

• 1)
    • 2)
    • 3)
    • 4)
    • 5)
    • 6)
    • 7)
    • 8)
    • 9)
    • 10)
    • 11)
    • 12)
    • 13)
    • 14)
    • 15)

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Anime/Manga
    Trivia Challenge

Prior Day Results:
    Spoiler:

Day Two - Guess the Series

So today's event is Guess the Series. Well technically it won't be guessing if you already know the series, but that's just the name I came up with. For this event, you're going to be given 2 or 3 images per question, and you're going to have to give me the manga series that those images come from. The images are all going to be fairly important or recurring characters from their respective series (not just some one-offs), and they're all taken from the first chapter of the respective series.

Also, take this for what you will, I am caught up with each of these series except 2 of them.

Remember you have 3 submissions per team, and you can PM me here or DM me on Discord (5qwerty#0466), though I prefer Discord. Remember the deadline is at 11:59pm EST! Good luck!

Questions:

• 1)
      Spoiler:
    • 2)
      Spoiler:
    • 3)
      Spoiler:
    • 4)
      Spoiler:
    • 5)
      Spoiler:
    • 6)
      Spoiler:
    • 7)
      Spoiler:
    • 8)
      Spoiler:
    • 9)
      Spoiler:
    • 10)
      Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Anime/Manga
    Trivia Challenge

Prior Day Results:
    Spoiler:

Day Three - More Openings

Okay, seems like we have some many weebs in the building. It also seems like the Opening Themes from the first day were a piece of cake for you guys. So today I'm ramping up the difficulty a teeny bit. There's 10 clips, but not all of them feature the first 10 seconds!

Questions:

• 1)
    • 2)
    • 3)
    • 4)
    • 5)
    • 6)
    • 7)
    • 8)
    • 9)
    • 10)

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Anime/Manga
    Trivia Challenge

Prior Day Results:
    Spoiler:

Day Four -Totally Not Trivia From Series That 5qwerty is More Familiar With

I'll get straight to the point.

I failed.

I failed. I failed. I failed. I failed. I failed. I failed. I failed. I failed. I have failed. I failed. I failed. I failed.

I have failed to come up with questions that are representative of Manga as a whole. For that, I am truly sorry.

Ok yeah it's harder for me to gauge difficulty with series that I'm not as familiar with, so you get this list of questions. I hope that it's at the appropriate level of challenging for y'all. Also keep in mind these questions are for Manga, so if you have any questions about the ambiguity of things, yeah it's Manga.

Questions:

• 1) In Pokémon Adventures, what was Gold's special trainer skill, as described by Professor Oak?
    • 2) What is the name of the boy that Astro Boy was built to replace?
    • 3) In Kuroko no Basket, Seirin only lost to one team? Which team was it?
    • 4) In the Dragon Ball series, which iteration of the Worlds Martial Arts Tournament was Uub's first?
    • 5) In Bleach, who killed Ichigo's mom?
    • 6) What is the name of the main character in Me & Roboco?
    • 7) In Sailor Moon, who is the mastermind behind the Black Moon Clan?
    • 8) In One Piece, how many Bellies was Nico Robin's first bounty?
    • 9) In Fullmetal Alchemist, what was Van Hohenheim's number as a slave?
    • 10) In Naruto, what is the name of Might Guy's father?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Anime/Manga
    Trivia Challenge

Prior Day Results:
    Spoiler:

Day Five - Endings

Thursday marks the end of Wednesday, therefore we're doing some Ending Themes today. These may be cut from anywhere in the theme, not just the beginning. To make it slightly easier, I've extended the clip to 15 seconds.

Questions:

• 1)
    • 2)
    • 3)
    • 4)
    • 5)
    • 6)
    • 7)
    • 8)
    • 9)
    • 10)

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Anime/Manga
    Trivia Challenge

Prior Day Results:
    Spoiler:

Day Six - Guess that Series Creator

Okie dokie, and onto the next day. Today we'll be playing a game where I give you a series and you have to give me the name of its creator(s). This will probably be the mangaka that started the series.

There are special rules regarding scoring for this event:
    - You get 5 points for the full name of the creator(s).
    - You get 3 points for getting only the last name (i.e. Oda-sensei for One Piece) of the creator(s). If you try to guess full name and only get the last name, I will give it to you.
    - You get nothing if you get only the first name right.

There may be some series with multiple creators - for example a writer and an artist or perhaps a group. For groups you just need to give me the group name. For artists and writers you need to give me both their names (or both of their last names) to be eligible for points.

Questions:

• 1) Jojo's Bizarre Adventure
    • 2) Black Clover
    • 3) Yu Yu Hakusho
    • 4) Magi
    • 5) Bakuman
    • 6) Boku no Hero Academia
    • 7) Fairy Tail
    • 8) Chainsaw Man
    • 9) Kaguya-sama: Love is War
    • 10) Attack on Titan

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Anime/Manga
    Trivia Challenge

Prior Day Results:
    Spoiler:

Day Seven - Saturday Morning Cartoons!

Look at you stupid kids! You've fallen into my trap... in America! Instead of having to guess your favourite songs from Japan, you'll have to decipher them sung in American, the only language I understand!

You better get those answers in by 11:59pm in America! (EST, the only true American timezone)

Questions:

• 1)
    • 2)
    • 3)
    • 4)
    • 5)
    • 6)
    • 7)
    • 8)
    • 9)
    • 10)

Additionally, I have included parts of three of my favourite songs, in American! If you can submit your own recorded vocals of these to me, you'll be eligible for points... in America! Both teams are eligible even if the other team has submitted, because all is fair and free... in America!

• 10 points -
    • 10 points -
    • 10 points -

(5qwerty realizes that it's funny how him and Abridged Bandit Keith are both actually Canadian)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Anime/Manga
    Trivia Challenge

Prior Day Results:
    Spoiler:

Day Eight - Voice Actor/Actress Matching

Alright gang, today is Voice Actor/Actress Matching. You will be given a picture, which contains 45 different anime characters. There are 15 groups of 3, and each group's characters have the same voice actor/actress in Japanese. Your job is to submit this image to me again marking which characters are in groups with one another. You can do this by either writing numbers (1-15) on each of the squares or by rearranging the image to group the characters together. I will not accept a list of character names this round because I want to be a stubborn person and make you all suffer.

Here is this image:

Scoring works a bit differently this time compared to normal. If the groups you submitted have 2 characters that belong together, you will get 2 points. If you get all 3, then it's 5 points.

Here is a list of all the characters in the image and the series that they appear in, for your reference:
    Spoiler:

Also one other thing, the rapping challenge from Day Seven will continue until the end of GT but will be worth half the points each. In the meantime, Fafrir from Team Guerreros has submitted her raps:

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Anime/Manga
    Trivia Challenge

Prior Day Results:
    Spoiler:

Day Nine - Escape from Day Eight

Okay it's more Opening time! Yay! Everyone gets to have fun and not have to group characters together. Aren't we all glad that's over?

Questions:

• 1)
    • 2)
    • 3)
    • 4)
    • 5)
    • 6)
    • 7)
    • 8)
    • 9)
    • 10)

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Anime/Manga
    Trivia Challenge

Prior Day Results:
    Spoiler:

Day Ten - Anagrams

Aha, tired of these yet? Isn't doing this super fun?

Anyway, scoring is a bit different today. There are 10 sets of 3 anagrams each. You get 1 point for each anagram you unscramble, and you get 2 points for finding the common link between the 3 anagrams. If you don't unscramble all 3 you are not eligible for the 2 points for the link. That is all.

Questions:

• 1) MIGHTLY GAIA / TAKOYAKI MAID / KERMIT MAUI
    • 2) CEMENT HENNA / RUMINANT TOAST / PAINT SOCIALIZE
    • 3) KARMIC AD GAIN / UNWEARIED GHOSTLY BEE / AARON FROG WEDDING
    • 4) DOOM EUNUCH / DUH LAWN ROM / COLE SOY SUIT
    • 5) IONIC JODI WHAM / SITUATES KINDA / BURY ISIAH
    • 6) ASIA WITH RAZOR / THAI AI YMCA / CAD TEETH
    • 7) ELMO JUNKY NEPHEWS / MOROCCO SIROCCO / HONKY ASIA
    • 8) COVETED ANCIENT / JONAH POMPEII / COIN EPEE
    • 9) AUG BATMAN / NA MAD / UTU YAKS
    • 10) ASHY NAOMI / AH ELDRITCH / AMORPHUS PRESENT

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Anime/Manga
    Trivia Challenge

Prior Day Results:
    Spoiler:

Day Eleven - Character Themes

Hello all, it's character theme time! You just have to tell me the Anime and which character a theme belongs to (or if it doesn't really belong to a character, just tell me when it plays)! The song name works as well!

Questions:

• 1)
    • 2)
    • 3)
    • 4)
    • 5)
    • 6)
    • 7)
    • 8)
    • 9)
    • 10)

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Anime/Manga
    Trivia Challenge

Prior Day Results:
    Spoiler:

Day Twelve - Who Said It!

Welcome to Anime/Manga Trivia, where everything is made up and the points don't matter! I was kind of crunched on time so you get this crappy, uninspired challenge of identifying who said what. I initially tried to go for easily recognizable and inspiring/important lines of dialogue from Anime, but I realized that I don't actually watch anime, so you just get meme-y stuff instead. Another thing is there might be slight instances of explicit language - you have been warned.

Scoring is the similar to Music Trivia - 3 points for the Anime, and 2 points for getting the character who said it. Though if there is an unnamed character who says something, you can just say "unnamed character" for your answer (this is basically a hint). Also, there is one soundbyte not from an Anime. If you correctly identify it and who said it, you get 5 extra points (so 10 for that question).

Questions:

• 1)
    • 2)
    • 3)
    • 4)
    • 5)
    • 6)
    • 7)
    • 8)
    • 9)
    • 10)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Anime/Manga
    Trivia Challenge

Prior Day Results:
    Spoiler:

Day Thirteen - Ending of Openings

Ok so it's the second last music day, I just threw in all the other random other openings I had downloaded hehehe. You'll get something special for the next music day!

Questions:

• 1)
    • 2)
    • 3)
    • 4)
    • 5)
    • 6)
    • 7)
    • 8)
    • 9)
    • 10)

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Anime/Manga
    Trivia Challenge

Prior Day Results:
    Spoiler:

Day Fourteen and Fifteen - Final Twenty

Hey all! Thank you for participating in this event! We've made it to the end, and I've decided to combine the last two days together for the sake of my sanity and yours. What we get here is a Super Sunday mixed with a regular Saturday. So there are still 25 questions worth of points to be grabbed, but only 20 questions, which are all music. I decided not to limit the length of the clip not for the purposes of making it easier, but to share more of the song with everyone!

The theme of the music is either music that has special value or is enjoyed by me, but most are both. However, there are 5 songs that are uh, a bit more meme-y than others. I can't say that I know every meme (which means that the remaining 15 songs might also be meme-y in some cases), but these should hold some higher meme power than the rest, at least in my head. Anyway, spotting out which of the songs are the ones that are more troll/meme-y counts as a question each. So 20 songs + 5 meme indications = 25 questions.

Remember you have 3 submissions per team, and you can PM me here or DM me on Discord (5qwerty#0466), though I prefer Discord. Remember the deadline is at 7:00pm EST on October 23rd! Please note the deadline difference! Good luck!

Questions:

• 1)
    • 2)
    • 3)
    • 4)
    • 5)
    • 6)
    • 7)
    • 8)
    • 9)
    • 10)
    • 11)
    • 12)
    • 13)
    • 14)
    • 15)
    • 16)
    • 17)
    • 18)
    • 19)
    • 20)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Anime/Manga
    Trivia Challenge

Prior Day Results:
    Arqueros: 19/20 songs + 1 Anime + 2/5 Memes - 108 points
    Guerreros: 13/20 songs + 2 Anime + 5/5 Memes - 96 points

Answers (Bold+Italics indicate that it was a Meme):
    1. "Brave Heart" (Evolution Theme) - Digimon Adventure
    2. "Killer" (Yoshikage Kira's Theme) - JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 4
    3. "Iku Z" - Pokémon XYZ
    4. "We Are Xros Heart" - Digimon Xros Wars
    5. "Rain" - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
    6. "Sadness and Sorrow" - Naruto
    7. "The Other Self" - Kuroko no Basket
    8. "Gohan's Anger Theme" - Dragon Ball Z
    9. "Golden Time Lover" - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
    10. "Snow Halation" - Love Live!
    11. "Soul Salvation" - Shaman King (2021)
    12. "Gomu Gomu no Bazooka 2" - One Piece
    13. "Awaken" (Pillar Men Theme) - JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 2
    14. "EVO!" (Evolution Theme) - Digimon Tamers
    15. "Days -Aijou to Nichijou-" - Digimon Tamers
    16. "Diamond is Unbreakable" - JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 4
    17. "Mosa domo no Heigei" - Hunter X Hunter
    18. "On the Precipice of Defeat" - Bleach
    19. "GO!" - Naruto
    20. "Ultra Instinct Theme" - Dragon Ball Super

Yes I'm stupid for not including one of my favourite songs, "We Are!" in here. Yes I'm also stupid for not putting Cruel Angel's Thesis, a very well-known (meme) song in here instead of having two JoJo memes (stupid Yoshikage Kira).

Event Wrap-Up!

Thank you everybody for participating in this event! I've certainly had fun hosting. Though the event was fairly limited in scope due to my extremely narrow knowledge of Anime as a whole, I still hope that y'all were able to have fun and reminisce about the music (and knowledge) of Anime you've watched over the years!

With that said, here are the final results:
    Arqueros: 566 Points
    Guerreros: 751 Points

And Guerreros are the winners!

Guerreros will get 150 GT Points while Arqueros get 100 GT Points.

Great job to both teams for having a great competition in general, and also for getting a lot of the answers I didn't expect y'all to get! Once again, I hope you've had fun!

Back