• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Any games that make you emotional?

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
Years
  • Chrono Trigger comes to mind. Especially one of the endings where a certain person isn't around...
    Persona 3 is another special one, for multiple reasons...
    Mass Effect 3 could be here as well.
    The 'hard path' ending of Starfox 64 as well.
    And one last game that I almost missed... Radiant Historia...

Setsuna

♡ Setsuna Scarlet Storm!!
    Years
  • I've been thinking a lot about Persona recently (since P3R just came out and I've been playing P4G) but the end of those games where you have to say goodbye to the friends you made over the course of the game and watch the ending always hits me. P3, 4, and 5 all have really good moments in their stories that focus on their themes and central messages too, and P5 is really special to me just because of how cool it makes me feel playing it. The UI looks awesome and the characters all feel so cool and it makes me emotional in a really unique way, it pumps me up and really makes me feel like I'm part of the world as a badass phantom thief. The moment where you fake your assassination and hide out in the streets made me feel super cool in a way no other game has.

I get emotional and cry easily but the one game I can think of that will always make me cry at the end is Super Paper Mario. I'm such a big sucker for that kind of love story and it's such a special game to me. PMD Explorers feels like an obvious answer, Chapter 1 of Danganronpa V3 fills me with dread, the ending to Ace Attorney Dual Destinies makes me emotional since I enjoy the new characters the game focuses on, and there's a good handful of moments in Pokemon Gen VII that make me emotional just because I love the games that much.

Years
  • When I played The Witcher 3 for the first time I cried when Geralt at long last found Ciri. Just remembering the scene is making me teary eyed.

Ori and the Blind Forest also comes to mind. I hated that dang owl for so long for chasing me and trying to kill me... and then there's a cutscene or whatever it was where the game shows you why the owl wants you dead.... :cry:

There are probably more instances, but these came to mind right away.

Days
    • Seen May 12, 2024
    Elden Ring and RDR 2
    Just pinnacle of achievement in games as a medium for storytelling!

SteCisGreendog

Iron Armour Forever
    Years
  • Soul Edge - or Soul Blade if you're from Europe - has a selection of character endings that range from hopeful to bittersweet to tragic. All those endings had an interactive feature where a button can be pressed to unlock an alternate sequence for that character. Sometimes they could be even more impactful than the original ending they're given. Saddest of all was the pirate Cervantes; do you choose to curse him with the evil swords as the storyline calls for, or make him sacrifice his life upon reclaiming his sanity knowing the world he tarnished under the blade's control? ;_;

Years
  • To the Moon and Finding Paradise are big ones for that. But all the best stories, games included, make their audiences feel emotional in some way really.

Years
    • Seen today
    I'm a little hard to get a reaction out of, but explorers of sky ending gets me a little bit considering how much time you spend with the partner pokemon.

Back