• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Serious Are you able to defend yourself?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    In terms of "do I have the will to fight back against anyone who attacks me?", absolutely.

In terms of actual physical capability, probably not so much. I'm not really physically fit and have no real-world combat experience of any sort =(

Years
    As long as I didn't have to do it for long, yes. I have health problems though, so realistically if they didn't drop or change their mind, I'd have a problem lmao. I can't stay physically active for very long right now.

Really though, the best defence is just not finding yourself in that situation to begin with.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    I make it a point to try and defend myself because I'm so short. If they try and pick me up my fat ass will go dead weight on them.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    No. Lacks physical strength and prowess. Stands a chance only if the other person is unprepared for retaliation.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    If I have to fight them, no. I am just not strong physically. I can barely open a jar half the time. If I had to outrun them and call for help, I think I could. I train regularly in running so I would hope it'd help me outrun them. :'D

Years
    • Seen today
    No less chance than anybody else I presume.

Only once have I actually been in that situation. Our bodies so fragile. I don't remember being scared at all, just noticing that his pupils were dark and dilated. It was like staring at a wild animal and not a human.

It was stopped before any violence took place. I genuinely think he would have killed me.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Well, given that I got assaulted in 2020 and I ended up lying in a river bed, that should give you a good idea of my ability to defend myself. ;(

Years
    Well, given that I got assaulted in 2020 and I ended up lying in a river bed, that should give you a good idea of my ability to defend myself. ;(
    Goodness Megan that sounds awful D:

I'm also a pacifist at heart. I might have a bit of a chance? But I personally just cannot fight at all to save my life. Maybe if I had a weapon...

omg, I'm sorry. >< That's just awful ugh.

Personally? Probably not. I'm anxious and confrontation will easily make me weak/terrified, to the point where I dunno if I'd be able to defend myself. I'm just a scrawny noodle lol. Then again if I'm ever in a scary situation like that I might surprise myself with what I can do in order to stay safe. Hopefully doesn't happen though. :x

Years
    Against a normal person: yes.
    Against someone really muscular or trained in some martial arts sport.... probably don't stand a chance lol

D=
    Spoiler:

Years
    One of the many perks of keeping big, loyal dogs as pets is that few people are crazy enough to try this. I sleep easier at night knowing i enjoy the protection of being part of a pack/family :)

Last edited:

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    Being thin and small, I probably couldn't easily defend myself if someone were to attack me. But, I could maybe, if I'm fast enough to run away in that situation, dodge a punch from a normal sized person? Probably. I hope, anyway. :x

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I'm a pacifist through and through.

But I'm also a black belt in karate. I'm tall, I'm strong, and while I've been challenged, I'm lucky I've never had to use that to retaliate. I will always use common sense before self defense, but if shit get serious you will catch these fists.

Retek

Banned
    Years
    Pretty much, I was a kickboxing blackbelt, though that was like six years ago.

Despite that, fighting is generally my last option, when things go really bad. The last fight I actually had was like in class 8th, three years back. I'm just not interested in fighting that much. But this Porychu does know how to kick some butt. ;)

Back