• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Base set Porygon

Pikachu3828

Webmaster of The Pika Club
    Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2012
    Hi,
    I know base set Porygon is really old and no longer in use but I was recently looking through my cards (I stopped collecting a while ago) and I noticed Porygon. I was never big on or good at the trading card game but the card struck me as odd. It has two attacks, Conversion and Conversion 2. One offers the options to change Porygons weakness and the other its resistance, I think at the toss of a coin.

Anyway, my question is if those are all, what use is this card? As I said, I've never been big or great at the card game so maybe there's some strategy to using it I'm not seeing any use for it, it didn't have great HP and back in the base set you couldn't attack with benched Pok?mon to my knowledge. Anyone?

wishirulz

convict #100234
    Years
    ok put porugon as your active pokemon get him energys for the one that changes resistance, sence he can change his resistance change it to the deffending pokemon! energys all of your pokemon as much as you can wile your porygon blocks then us the one to change types and change it to one of the types of your pokemon!

Pokemaster1110

Team Snorlax ******
    Years
    Well as someone who has played the Pokemon TCG since it's beginning, that particular Porygon has always sucked. Back when it was legal, people had a card called "Gust of Wind" which allowed you to automatically switch your opponent's active pokemon with one of their benched pokemon. So yeah, you could have played porygon, and then they would use gust of winds and item finders to kill everything else you had. If you had nothing else then Hitmonchan, Electabuzz and Blastoise with Pluse Powers would have destroyed it. No Porygon has ever even been "Good" but back then when there was no Porygon2 to play with it and at 30 HP with no attacks it was possibly even worse than the Base Set Gastly (and any long-time TCG fan knows that's quite a statement ;) )

Years
    I've seen a creative use: resist the type of your opponent's and then change their weakness to Electric and then sit back and let the Neo Genesis Elekid kick in. Most can't escape the Playful punch power (damage from a power, not attack). 40 damage right there. Or for double: Dark Golbat (Team Rocket) as the aforementioned can fit in any deck. With heavy defense cards, it can do something.

And my friend won with that deck too. Shifty eyes. Any card can be useful, if done properly. Hehe.

Back