• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Biggest plot hole in a movie/show/book/game?

Years
    Gremlins.

Soooo many huge plot holes in that, but non worse than the "don't feed them after midnight" rule.

Not "don't feed them between midnight and 7am" or whatever, just "after midnight".

Obviously gremlins don't worry about time zones, and more to the point, unless you are exactly on the stroke of midnight, then it's always after midnight.

Years
    only one i can think of is Norm of the North. that entire movie wouldn't have happened had Norm simply not gone to New York.

(i didn't actually watch the film itself i got this from a yt review i randomly watched lmao)

Years
    It's a toss-up between Highlander II: The Quickening and Star Wars: Rise of Skywalker. Though both movies had really silly stories with massive, world-destroying plot holes in them, if I had to say which one had the worst holes I would say Rise of Skywalker. The movies do similar things that completely wreck the canon, including but not limited to, resurrecting characters we saw killed off years ago without bothering in the script to fully explain how they are here again, but I think Rise takes it an even greater extreme. As bad as returning to the story after having your head cut off and powers stolen was in Highlander, I think it's even crazier to make an appearance after being electrocuted, then thrown down a nuclear shaft, falling all the way down to the reactor core and being blown up, before the entire space station you were is literally atomized.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Just...like, all of Spider-Man: No Way Home? Don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed it, but its patched together with insane amounts of web fluid. If you haven't seen it DO NOT OPEN THIS TAG
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    Gremlins.

Soooo many huge plot holes in that, but non worse than the "don't feed them after midnight" rule.

Not "don't feed them between midnight and 7am" or whatever, just "after midnight".

Obviously gremlins don't worry about time zones, and more to the point, unless you are exactly on the stroke of midnight, then it's always after midnight.

This was the example I was going to come in with actually, because like when you're watching it you don't really think about it (I think at least for me because my brain just kinda assumeda way it was going to work?). But then when actually thinking about it later, suddenly everything just doesn't make sense.

Still a great watch though!

Back