• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Can anyone identify my white cards?

Days
    • Seen Apr 14, 2024
    Hey guys! This is my first time posting on here so I hope my images go through :^) I've had these cards for a couple of years now and no one on the internet is able to identify them. I just want to know their origin or where they came from haha. Any help is appreciated! Thank you!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2024-04-10 at 6.56.09 PM.png
      Screen Shot 2024-04-10 at 6.56.09 PM.png
      2.5 MB · Views: 6
    • Screen Shot 2024-04-10 at 6.56.01 PM.png
      Screen Shot 2024-04-10 at 6.56.01 PM.png
      1.7 MB · Views: 6
    • Screen Shot 2024-04-09 at 2.48.50 PM.png
      Screen Shot 2024-04-09 at 2.48.50 PM.png
      2.1 MB · Views: 6

Lavender

No, your gonna face ME first!
    Years
  • I used google lens (a reverse image search) to find similar images, couldn't find anything at all. the weird thing is they look official, so it's probably some sort of lost media that no one has really documented.

Days
    • Seen Apr 14, 2024
    I used google lens (a reverse image search) to find similar images, couldn't find anything at all. the weird thing is they look official, so it's probably some sort of lost media that no one has really documented.
    Hi! Thanks for the help :^) Yeah, that's what I was thinking... this has to be lost media. As I've mentioned in other forums, I've seen a select few of these on eBay/Mercari. I've messaged the seller on both sites and they're not sure where they're from either. It's such a massive mystery XD

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen today
    They look pretty similar to the KFC kids meal cards from 1998, but they're not quite the same.

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen today
    I'm thinking these maybe came with an official guide or something, or perhaps a promotional item. I can't find anything on them. The KFC cards (thought to be the earliest English pokemon card based product) are similar but these definitely aren't the KFC cards. The monopoly cards again are vaguely similar, but aren't these data cards. The Bandai Carddass cards, again, are similar (not visually, but in terms of the card content) but look completely different and are Japanese. You might have something unbelievably rare here.

I think they probably came with this, or via another Nintendo Power product. Starting on page 66 you can see a gallery of the same backs but with the Sugimori artwork. But they're definitely the same layouts

Days
    • Seen Apr 14, 2024

I think they probably came with this, or via another Nintendo Power product. Starting on page 66 you can see a gallery of the same backs but with the Sugimori artwork. But they're definitely the same layouts
    Hi! Thank you so much for the help! I came across that guidebook too and got excited for a minute, but when I searched for Nintendo Power cards... nothing comes up for it :^( I came across an eBay and Mecari listing with my cards (the eBay seller had an Eevee) and none of the sellers knew where they got them. I'll attach the links here if you want to check them out!

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen today
    Hi! Thank you so much for the help! I came across that guidebook too and got excited for a minute, but when I searched for Nintendo Power cards... nothing comes up for it :^( I came across an eBay and Mecari listing with my cards (the eBay seller had an Eevee) and none of the sellers knew where they got them. I'll attach the links here if you want to check them out!

Yeah i couldn't find anything under Nintendo Power Pokemon cards that matched these either. Other than the artwork though these are seemingly the same as the data cards displayed in the guide, which leads me to believe these still came from Nintendo Power at some point, but the sugimori art was replaced with the anime art. Perhaps as a promo for the TV series or the first movie or something.

Back