• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Intro] Ciao

Giovanna

Amateur Sandstorm
    Years
    • She/her
    • Seen Jun 27, 2021
    Hello everyone,

I am not great at introductions, but I always give it a shot to do my best. To simply start off, my name is Giovanna, or Gio for short, and I have been a fan of Pokemon since Pokemon Red and Blue. I later fell out of the series when Sun and Moon came out, but recently Shield and Sword resparked by interest in the series and i have begun to go back and play all the games to see if any of my opinions on them have changed.

I actually signed up on here to see if anyone was willing to help finish my Pokedex on Shield, but after browsing around and everything I really like the vibe of this place, so I figured I would stick around for a good while. As well, this place seems pretty perfect for me to see what others think about certain gens and Pokemon, whether it be designs or something else.

So I guess, I will answer a few basic questions, that are common on Pokemon forums. My favorite game is Silver, my favorite Pokemon is Rhydon and has been since Gen 1, my favorite type is a three way tie of Rock, Ground, and Steel, and I usually run a sandstorm team in any of the games. Some other miscellaneous things are that I am big fan of anime, which is almost a given at this point nowadays, manga, another given, and I speak three languages, English, Italian, and Spanish as well as learning Japanese. I have a huge collection of Books and DVDs, VHSes, and Blu-Rays as I like to collect physical media, and I am a first generation American.

Also, I use she/her pronouns, just in case anyone wanted to know, as I am MtF, or in simple terms a Trans-Woman. So yeah, that is all I can think of, and if you have any other questions then feel free to ask.

Years
    hey giovanna!! welcome to pc o/ glad you like the atmosphere here; we always try to keep the general vibe of the place friendly and chill. c:

also this is really going to show my age but i kinda miss the days of VHSes... they were a big part of my childhood. @_@

Years
    Welcome Giovanna!

Ice type lover here and.... awwww, you missed out on getting rekt by ultra necrozma in USUM T^T
    Dang thing caught me off guard and rekt my entire team rofl

I don't miss having to rewind VHSes =p
    I'd often forget to do it afterward and would have to do it next time watching the movie >.>

Giovanna

Amateur Sandstorm
    Years
    • She/her
    • Seen Jun 27, 2021
    hey giovanna!! welcome to pc o/ glad you like the atmosphere here; we always try to keep the general vibe of the place friendly and chill. c:

also this is really going to show my age but i kinda miss the days of VHSes... they were a big part of my childhood. @_@
    Thank you and yeah it shows my age as well, but there are a lot of movies on VHSes that aren't on DVD or Blu-Ray so and nostalgia plays into a bit as well
    Welcome Giovanna!

Ice type lover here and.... awwww, you missed out on getting rekt by ultra necrozma in USUM T^T
    Dang thing caught me off guard and rekt my entire team rofl

I don't miss having to rewind VHSes =p
    I'd often forget to do it afterward and would have to do it next time watching the movie >.>
    Thank you and the ultra beast and ultra wormhole thing kind of threw out of Sun and Moon so, but I have heard Ultra Necrozma just wrecks. I forget to rewind them as well so I get it.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    And she says she's bad at intros. We usually get 'uh hi' to work with.

Welcome to the community Gio! Heading down to the Trade Corner is going to net you any mon you need to finish your dex. :)

Back