• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Music classical

Years
  • Does anyone listen to classical music like concerti, symphonies, opera and operetta, hymns or choral music?

My aunt invited me to go with her to a local production of La Traviata this month, starring a soprano from Ukraine. While it's not my all-time favorite Verdi opera, I still want to go.

After getting her invite I listened to an audio of Maria Callas singing the addio del passato to whet my appetite, and was moved.

I thought I would ask if anyone else liked classical music, or is it just me?

Years
  • I enjoy classical music a lot! I still have tons of things to discover and new composers to listen to, but I am very into classical music, especially because it's so rich and diverse. There's a piece for every moment lol. I don't really listen to Opera, operetta and choral music at all. I rarely go to classical music concerts because I don't really have people to go with and because despite I have always kinda liked classical music, I have gotten seriously into it only lately.
    I like different composers and right now I don't really have one in particular that I prefer. Some of the pieces I have been listening to a lot lately, which doesn't mean are some of my favorite though lol, are especially Moments musicaux (N.1-3-4 in particular), by Schubert, some Bach (various pieces, Badinerie is stuck in my head), the well known moonlight sonata by Beethoven but especially the first movement that in my opinion is INCREDIBLE (I love the third one too, but I think the 1st one is really expressive), Zapateado by Sarasate because it makes me feel happy and then yes, that's one of my favorite pieces, if not my actual favorite: Vieuxtemps Violin concerto N.5. I love every second of that concerto and I always listen to it at least once everyday lol and I have probably listened to all the main performances on Youtube (recommends Sarah Chang's version). My favorite part is definitely the last movement because it's so energetic and epic, but I love soooo much even the first movement.

Years
  • Once in a while I listen to classical music. My favorites are A Night on Bald Mountain by Modest Mussorgsky, New World Symphony and Slavonic Dance by Antonin Dvorak, The Planets by Gustav Holst. There are other classical music I like but I don't know the names and who composed it.

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    I never really listened to it much, but I can appreciate it - I was in the orchestra at my school.

A Night on Bald Mountain by Modest Mussorgsky and Slavonic Dance by Antonin Dvorak

We played both of these!

I listen to a lot of film score - some of it is orchestral obviously, but its not the same thing. The closest I come are Hooked On Classics, and Isao Tomita's incredible synth version of Clare de lune

Last edited:
    Back