• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Cliffhangers in games that haven't been resolved yet.

Lavender

No, your gonna face ME first!
Years
  • MegaMan X8 has a cliffhanger involving my favorite character, which is critically injured. and the game hasn't gotten a sequel for 20 YEARS, I HAVEN'T EVEN BEEN ALIVE FOR THAT LONG, Ahem, anyway maybe they'll make X9 someday, i'm still hopeful. but anyway my point is if any games that you guys have played have left you in the dark on a cliffhanger, how long have you been waiting, and how much would you like a sequel?

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
    Years
  • Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood is one for me. The first multiple choice dialog RPG I ever played. I absolutely loved it at the time, and it ended on a cliffhanger. It came out for the DS in I believe 2006... Rip me.

Also Sly 4. That one feels less bad though because it's easier to just pretend it doesn't exist lol.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Online now
    Xenoblade X

The main story ends with a kinda big cliffhanger, and there's some other answered questions too. I'm almost certain it was made with a sequel in mind because of that plus a couple of other things, but it's been 9 years since release and there hasn't been the slightest hint of that sequel. Not really optimistic at this point we're ever gonna see that sequel, or even so much as a port for it (or the Xenosaga trilogy either). Nintendo and the other relevant companies seem like they're only interested in doing more of the (admittedly more successful) Xenoblade Chronicles part of the Xeno games =/

Days
  • I remember that there was a game for NDS named Suikoden tierkreis. It was classical turn-based RPG like Fire Emblem, and the story and tunes were good too. But the game finished unusually; as the story was pointing the protagonist(us), were from different universe, hence we could not travel time gate. And a person from our world told us that he had seen someone similar to us. And after beating the boss, I was supposed to unlock the myth.

But as soon as final boss was defeated, the game ended on credit screen, and I remember that there were entries for many other obtainable character like in Pokémon, but it was filled with ❓️ , and there was no way to know which characters are they. I was looking forward to finish the story, but game got finished there.....

And I don't expect any remake there, because the game might be 13-15 years old, and I had played it during 2021 lockdown via DeSmUmE.....

Explorer of Time

Advocate of Ideals
    Years
  • Wing Commander V ended on a cliffhanger with the main character of the previous games captured by aliens and an ongoing war, and then EA killed the entire franchise. It has been 27 years and there have been no new games aside from a GBA port and a non-canon arcade shooter for the Xbox 360.

Back