• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Question] Dark Focus & Justice Bark

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2024
    Hi everybody,

So I've been feeling creative lately and want help with coding a move called Dark Focus that has the effect of Focus Energy but when the target is hit with a Critical Hit, the user's Attack goes up.

Also need any advice on coding a move called Justice Bark that scans the target for Dark-type moves and does double damage if one is found.

How do you think I should go about this?

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2024
    Here's what I got so far, but not sure if it's working since I'm getting no "Attack went up" prompts.

################################################################################
    # Increases the user's critical hit rate. Raises Attack 1 Stage when it happens (Dark Focus)
    ################################################################################
    class PokeBattle_Move_190 < PokeBattle_Move
    def pbEffect(attacker,opponent,hitnum=0,alltargets=nil,showanimation=true)
    return super(attacker,opponent,hitnum,alltargets,showanimation) if pbIsDamaging?
    if attacker.effects[PBEffects::FocusEnergy]>=2
    @battle.pbDisplay(_INTL("But it failed!"))
    return -1
    end
    pbShowAnimation(@id,attacker,opponent,hitnum,alltargets,showanimation)
    attacker.effects[PBEffects::FocusEnergy]=2
    @battle.pbDisplay(_INTL("{1} is getting EXTRA pumped!",attacker.pbThis))
    return 0
    end

def pbAdditionalEffect(attacker,opponent)
    if attacker.effects[PBEffects::FocusEnergy]<2
    attacker.effects[PBEffects::FocusEnergy]=2
    @battle.pbDisplay(_INTL("{1} is getting EXTRA pumped!",attacker.pbThis))
    end

def pbAdditionalEffect(attacker,opponent)
    if opponent.damagestate.critical
    return super(attacker,opponent,hitnum,alltargets,showanimation) if pbIsDamaging?
    return -1 if !attacker.pbCanIncreaseStatStage?(PBStats::ATTACK,attacker,true,self)
    pbShowAnimation(@id,attacker,opponent,hitnum,alltargets,showanimation)
    ret=attacker.pbIncreaseStat(PBStats::ATTACK,1,attacker,false,self)
    return ret ? 0 : -1
    end
    end
    end
    end

Back