• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Misc Engine] Digimon Gold (RECRUITEMENT)

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
Years
    • Seen today
    Hey guys, what's up. I'm making a Gen II hack in 2023, without using Disassemblies. Crazy, right? Unfortunately not all of us are smart enough to figure out how to use PokeGold or PokeCrystal.

The good news is that the hack I'm making isn't too ambitious and can be made almost completely using rom hacking tools. Yes, GBC rom hacking tools. You know, the ones from 2010?

Here are some of the FEATURES the hack will have that I have implemented / can implement on my own:
    • 251 unique Fakemon (Digimon) to train and capture, all with unique sprites, stats, and learnsets
    • All attacks/moves renamed to techniques from the Digimon canon and tweaked for balance
    • Lots of branching evolutionary paths and greater viability for all mons for increased replayability
    • Increased difficulty with stronger trainers and Leaders having good coverage on all their mons-- demanding more in-depth strategy and not just exploiting Type weaknesses
    • Greater variety in the mons you encounter both from enemy trainers as well as in the wild
    • Improved level curve so wild encounters aren't 20 levels behind trainers/leaders like in the original
    • Dialogue tweaks to refer to Digimon and Tamers instead of Pokemon and Trainers

So as you can see, not too ambitious by romhack standards. Even still, my other two Digimon romhacks were no more ambitious and still saw a decent amount of coverage on Twitch and YouTube so I think there's something to be said for more low-key romhacks.

However,
    there are a few hurdles that I JUST. CAN'T. OVERCOME. using tools alone. This stuff should be child's play for anyone who actually knows how to use PokeGold/PokeCrystal.

I only need four things:

• A unique title screen (again, I can provide all graphics. I just need your help inserting them)
    • A way to insert unique Pokedex entries (I have all dex entries ready with the correct number of characters, I just need them inserted)
    • Changing the Electrodes in the Rocket Hideout under Mahogany Town into different mons (yeah yeah, I can't even do something this simple. Laugh it up...)
    • Edit the Day-Care to remove breeding

And that's it. Everything else like movepools, trainers, etc. I can edit on my own using rom hacking tools.
    (Of course, it would also be awesome to have the phys/spec split, Fairy Type, and Running Shoes, but I don't want to get too greedy here)

Is anyone out there willing to give me a hand?

P.S. I know the easy answer is to say "learn how to use Dissassemblies by yourself, lazy." I'M NOT LAZY, I'M DUMB. OKAY? THERE'S A DIFFERENCE. I tried my best to learn how to use PokeCrystal and PokeGold but I'm just not smart enough. Some of us just aren't good at coding/programming but still have a passion for creating and making games for people to enjoy.

Sooo.... help a brother out?

All 251 Digimon front and back sprites are revved up and ready to go. I don't want to post all of them here but here's a few SCREENSHOTS to give you an idea:
    Digimon Gold (RECRUITEMENT)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    Is there way to contact with you?
    I would want to be beta tester of this hack

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen today
    Will you accept me though as beta tester for the hack?

Of course. :) Also, please let me know if you're acquainted with anyone who knows how to use PokeCrystal/PokeGold and, uh, likes Digimon (lol).

Years
    • Seen today
    Can I sugget making discord server to keep track with this game s development? Also I would be ok with it if you friend request me there my ID in discord is ashk1997#5401

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen today
    Can I sugget making discord server to keep track with this game s development? Also I would be ok with it if you friend request me there my ID in discord is ashk1997#5401

Right now it's just us two working on the game so it's not really worth making a Discord server just yet, but I'll send you a friend request anyway. :)

(Edit: friend request didn't go through. Find me instead? puipui2018)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2024
    I'm so glad your making a Gen 2 rom hack. I love both Digimon Nova Red & Digimon Project Emerald these are my favorite rom hacks ever! But with you making Digimon Gold that's going to be my favorite rom hack of all time!!! If you still need beta testers let me know, because I'm definitely down for it. And out of the 251 digimon how many are mega level?

Last edited:

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen today
    I'm so glad your making a Gen 2 rom hack. I love both Digimon Nova Red & Digimon Project Emerald these are my favorite rom hacks ever! But with you making Digimon Gold that's going to be my favorite rom hack of all time!!! If you still need beta testers let me know, because I'm definitely down for it. And out of the 251 digimon how many are mega level?

Sounds good! It will be a few more weeks before the beta is ready, but I'll let you know when it's done. As for Megas, there are 41 by my count. And 1 Ultra.

Hello, i'm interested doing this Hack Rom

Hi, thanks for reaching out! What are you interested in helping with?

Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2024
    Alright awesome thanks I appreciate it, and that's a lot of Mega Digimon in the game. I can't wait to see all Digimon included this game!!!

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    Branching paths are good. Are there any dead ends, or can all Digimon evolve all the way to mega?

The sprites look great btw

[Edit] As a workaround to the Daycare breeding issue, couldn't you just set everythings egg group to No Eggs Discovered like the baby/legendary Pokemon, or gender ratios to 100% unknown like Magnemite?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    I sent a friendship request in discord can you accept it soon? If you see the username ashk1997 it's me

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen today
    Good news for anyone following! This eventually became Digimon Crystal. I finished and published it yesterday. :) Check it out under ROM Hacks Showcase if you're interested.

Back