• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do video games help develop skills? What mental or physical skills do they help players to develop?

Days
  • According to me, it depends on the type of came one's playing, but I don't agree much on it.....

Although there are few games which does help a bit, but believing that playing games like Call of Duty, or like Genshin Impact, is totally absurd, according to me. Concentration can achieved via playing physical games as well, and that will be even better because it also develops overall coordination of the body.

Playing video games may help in quick eye movements and reflex of our hands, but concentration is mostly referred for least deviation. So one's better looking at a particular point, or flame of candle to improve concentration, than with playing games like those which I said.

And not to forget that those games also affect at mental level, when people tend to attracted to those imaginative worlds.

Setsuna

♡ Setsuna Scarlet Storm!!
    Years
  • Reaction time, reading comprehension, and hand-eye coordination are immediately what I think of.

A lot of it depends on the game and the genre but I think a big thing is having a game's story mean something to you and carrying that with you, especially for younger gamers. Maybe there's a character who became better because their friends cared for them and taught you to be nice to other people, helping you make friends. A big part of the first friendships I can remember were because we both played Pokemon and that (indirectly, I suppose?) helped me connect with people and create friendships and help me develop social skills. I still think that counts!

Back