• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Drawtober 2020!

faf

[b][color=#1acc14]Queen of Dragons[/color][/b]
Years
  • October is here and that means it's time to get your creative juices going:
    2020promptlist.jpg

That's right, it's Drawtober! A popular challenge which artists participate by drawing with ink daily or whatever pace throughout October. Feel free to post in this thread at your own pace and you can use any medium if you don't have ink. Also, you do not necessarily have to follow a certain prompt list; you can draw an OC, a comic, etc. Have fun!

Edit: Thread renamed to Drawtober, see Nina's post for more details if you wish to participate.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I'm not sure I have it in me to do a new drawing every day, but I still have a few hours left in day one to think about it xD

Years
  • Please note: This is my personal post, not as a mod. I won't stop anyone from doing whatever they want in this thread, I just think it's something important to talk about. I'll copy what I had to say about inktober in the discord when things were releasing late august.

For anyone thinking about doing #inktober this year

Inktober was created by a guy name Jake Parker in 2009. It gained it's traction and widespread popularity through 10 years of community use. In 2018, Parker trademarked Inktober, but did not tell anyone. In 2019 he started cease and desisting independent artists who collected their wholly original artworks that cited inktober as a prompt. He did this AFTER inktober that year had finished and the artists had already spent money to produce their collections, never announcing to not use the name. He said that it was just to stop "bad" people from using the name, but he has lawyers to protect what is his brand. Inktober is a brand and not a community event, but gets the exposure because of the community. Consider that before you join and use the hashtag. (Most people have co-opted to use #drawtober instead if they do not wish to affiliate with him)

His new inktober tutorial book might have plagiarized a black artist's ink fundamentals book, we learned in late august. If you're skeptical about how closely one can plagiarize a fundamental's book, you can see Alphonso Dunn's hour long video comparing just the few screenshots and structure released so far of the inktober book to his own materials and make your own judgement.

Back