• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Greenlit: Every Pokémon League Champion Ranked Worst To Best

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
Years
  • I feel my previous posts have been too wordy. I want to make another "worse to best" list talking about Pokémon League Champions this time using fewer words. This refers to leaders of the Elite Four, not characters that have conquered the Elite Four and became champions. For example, this would include characters such as Lance, Cynthia, and Diantha, and not Red, N, or any other protagonist. I want to briefly mention their team structures, how easy or hard it is to exploit their teams, the strength of the individual creatures on their team, and so on.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Sure, I think that'd be an interesting read.

Would this include the likes of Alolan's Champion, and what about cases of differing champions based on version? (SM/USUM, but also e.g. RS and Emerald?)

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
  • Sure, I think that'd be an interesting read.

Would this include the likes of Alolan's Champion, and what about cases of differing champions based on version? (SM/USUM, but also e.g. RS and Emerald?)

Because the protagonist is technically the Champion for Alola, I wouldn't be including anything for Alola. While Professor Kukui and Hau functioned as "Champions" in the story mode of the game because they were the last players to battle in their respective games, they are technically not Champions, as that title hasn't been decided yet until you win the whole thing. The Alola games really did away with a lot of known traditions. As for the other games, I will definitely be including Steven Stone and Wallace for Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald.

Years
  • It's a +1 for me, but I would change the title. Personally I think that saying "from worst to best" can be pretty ambiguous because your article is meant to be competitive but the title could refer to their character design or their role in the story or how good of a character they are (it can be deceiving). Other than that, "worst" and "best" are often subjective values and indeed one champion can be stronger than another one under certain conditions (for example, imagine you're doing a fire monotype, then Wallace can be harder than what you expect, but it's really just a stupid example). So, saying "worst to best" doesn't really specify how you're comparing them.
    I would suggest something like: "Champions' Pokemon teams ranked from worst to best". But you do you, it was just an example.

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
  • It's a +1 for me, but I would change the title. Personally I think that saying "from worst to best" can be pretty ambiguous because your article is meant to be competitive but the title could refer to their character design or their role in the story or how good of a character they are (it can be deceiving). Other than that, "worst" and "best" are often subjective values and indeed one champion can be stronger than another one under certain conditions (for example, imagine you're doing a fire monotype, then Wallace can be harder than what you expect, but it's really just a stupid example). So, saying "worst to best" doesn't really specify how you're comparing them.
    I would suggest something like: "Champions' Pokemon teams ranked from worst to best". But you do you, it was just an example.

You're right. I should add "teams" to the title for sure.

Back