• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] Evolutions of Sprigatito: Lyntilla and Celestigato! FANMADE!

Years
Lyntilla, the grass lynx Pokemon! Grass type. Evolves from Sprigatito.

Name is from the animal, Lynx and the Spanish word of sprig (Puntilla.)

Design is based on Lynxes and sprig plants.

kITyBWq.png

EDIT: I can now post links, yay! :D

Attachments

• Lyntilla (Sprigatito Evolution).jpg
    Lyntilla (Sprigatito Evolution).jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Years
Final evolution of Sprigatito: Celestigato! Fanmade.

ZYLDkM5.png

Celestigato, the celestial lynx Pokemon! Grass and Psychic type. Evolves from Lyntilla. It is also the final evolved form of Sprigatito!

Celestigato is a Pokemon that is known to see through the minds of people and other Pokemon. It is also rare and secretive, preferring to stay away from people and only come when it trusts it's trainer and the other Pokemon around them. It has powerful psychic powers and is believed to have the ability to see the future!
Name is from Celestial and "Gato" (Spanish word of cat.)

It's design is based on the lynx and the saber tooth cat. It also have design elements of the moon and the magical eye. It is also based on a fortune teller and the rings it has around it's body and legs are based of the rings of the planet, Saturn. Lastly it is based on the mythology in Greece that the animal, Lynx is a keeper of secrets and have supernatural eyesight.

NOTE: This Pokemon is fanmade and is not by Gamefreak!

Last edited:
Years
Thank you so much! I just saw that I should put this under "Showcase" and not "Game!" I just thought it was "game" because Violet and Scarlet are games. sooo....

Years
Hi! I merged both your threads as they are technically under the same evolution line. :) In general, we recommend having one showcase thread for particular topics (e.g. one for a game you made, one for your general works, etc.).

Also those evolutions are looking super good! I love them and I like the idea you have for them :)

Years
UPDATE: I'm going to be redesigning Celestigatio to be bipedal because Riddler Khu confirmed that Sprigatito's final evolution is bipedal. Sorry guys.... But I'm still going to choose it as my starter since it is adorable!

Years
7tp3M2j.png

Celestigatio, the celestial lynx Pokemon.

REDESIGN! (Riddler Khu confirmed that Sprigatito's final evolution is bipedal!) Sorry guys....

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 12, 2022
Not sure if you're still taking critique, but anyway... Here I am in case my comments are helpful enough.

Remember that anything that is said here is with the intent of helping. I'm sure we all are learning up to an extent, so you can use up feedback to keep improving your work and getting where you want to be. So, about the Pokémon themselves...

Lyntilla: Regarding the design, it looks fine overall. However, both this Pokémon and Celestigato lack depth - I suggest you research how perspective, shading and proportions work, those are the biggest problem here. The proportions in this particular one isn't that much of an issue, but it is in the case of Celestigato (the bipedal one, anyway). The lines should also look cleaner overall - I do understand this is a concept, but presentation makes a huge difference and lots of people might complain about messy lines.

Celestigato: This one needs more work. I'm sorry, but I can't say I'm particularly fond with the face's design. The rest of the design looks fine, I think, but I can't say I like how the face looks. I think it's especially the eyes I think you should rework, but with some good effort you'll be able to fix it no problem. Also, again, perspective, shading, proportions. Check out those concepts, along with forms, anatomy and geometry. Also, In this Pokémon's particular case, I assume the end of the tail is supposed to look like a moon, right? The ends should look sharper. The body and its legs didn't seem to match properly in the first version of the design, too - while it looks like the body is facing to the front, the pose and how the legs are made suggest that this angle, but now that Celestigato is bipedal, the problem is no longer there.

Keep drawing and great luck! Remember, take what helps and ignore the rest.

HailstormBRUH

Supervillian in the making
Years
I think these evolutions look neat!

If Lyntilla was a real Pokémon, I would definitely have one of them on my team.

My only issue is that on the Celestigatio redesign you can see white pixels. As someone who also does art on MS Paint, I would recommend using the pencil tool instead of the pen tool, it leaves less stray pixels and is easier to fill in.

But over than that, I really love your Sprigatito evolution concepts! Keep up the good art!

Back