• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fake Consoles

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
  • Have you ever had the unfortunate situation of getting a fake/bootleg console? I'm sure a parent/grandparent has bought a Wii clone for some people here...

I've been lucky enough to never have had this happen to me.

Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2023
    Luckily, never.
    But I do sometimes see advertised shopping pages on Facebook selling bootleg consoles. And the comments are filled with people ages 40+ who can't tell a Gameboy from a Playstation placing dozens upon dozens of orders for your typical knock-off consoles that come packed with like 50 games, most likely pirated.

pkmin3033

I've had a couple of bootleg games, and some very cheap consoles that only play one or two built-in games (Tetris and Space Invaders) but I've never had a fake console before. A couple that I've seen online actually look really good, though! I remember seeing one on Facebook years ago that was a handheld that played ROMs put onto a Micro SD card from a lot of past generation consoles and it looked pretty appealing...although for £100 I wasn't about to take the chance that it'd be all it looked to be, haha.

Back