• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen First Pokemon Demo

Years
  • Just FYI Australia gets Mega Glalie
    my brother got mega Glalie in his game.
    I have an imported EU 3DS so I can't get the AU demo but he got it and it's Glalie

Can confirm the Mega Glalie. I'm from Australia and managed to get my hands on a demo ^_^

Yeah just as I expected our variant gets Glalie. Kinda sad since its design is one I don't like, but given a lot of other PAL region countries got it in their demos it was no surprise.

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2022
    I live in the Netherlands, and the demo isn't even available in the eShop yet. I don't even get the code when go to Nintendo Zone. Nintendo in my countru always fails and can't do sh*t.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2020
    I got Glalie too and I'm in the UK. I hope later on in the demo we are able to catch Steelix too though. Maybe next week? I'm not sure how these demo's fully work but is it possible to have timed events in them?

Years
  • I got Glalie too and I'm in the UK. I hope later on in the demo we are able to catch Steelix too though. Maybe next week? I'm not sure how these demo's fully work but is it possible to have timed events in them?

How did you get your demo code? Im from the uk too but dont know how to get it

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Saves me having to confirm then, haha.

Just started playing. The dialogue has its moments, such as a grunt's description of you and (paraphrasing) that unusually handsome man (Steven). And on grunts' uniforms: 'I don't know about you, but I'm totally rocking this outfit! Do you see this midriff? I've got more style than I know what to do with!'

Music is nice so far (I'm a fan of the Magma/Aqua battle theme), and flying about really does look awesome.

Edit: 'For an Admin like me to lose to some child and a silver-haired pretty boy...'

Edit again: Yep, Glalie.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 31, 2020
    How did you get your demo code? Im from the uk too but dont know how to get it

I got mine at like half 11 last night from StreetPassUK who were giving out 5 codes to followers (They're the same people that give Serebii his demo code like half an hour before) so I got it before most. Glad I won or else I'd be still waiting!

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    So is it safe to assume that the "you can get more items and blahblahblah if you play everyday" is limited to only ten days/adventures?

Controversy

Drink The Kool-Aid
    Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2015
    I'm still waiting to receive my UK demo. Praying it comes today. Or I win one from that website giving them away

KillerTyphlosion

Champion
    Years
  • I live in the Netherlands, and the demo isn't even available in the eShop yet. I don't even get the code when go to Nintendo Zone. Nintendo in my countru always fails and can't do sh*t.

You can get a code from game mania or you could have gtten it at the first look event in Utrecht like me. If you don't have gamemania store close to you then I am sorry for you but you do not get any codes from nintendo zones in the netherlands.

Edit: and you also get glalie in the netherlands demo.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • HNNNNNNNNNNNNG

The Good Part: I LOVE THAT ITS RELEASING IN THE NEWSLETTER

The Bad Part: I hope I receive the codes :( I havent enabled the email pref on one, just enabled them, and I made another account. I hope they would give out the email codes on the 21st so that I could get two, hopefully. :3

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥
    Years
  • The demo is really good, it gives you a taste of the game and gameplay, you can do as much "missions" as you want at any given time, Steelix is available in Japan only or until Ninetndo or Game Freak says otherwise, I have played here and there and the demo in itself is neat. Hopefully the full game is better.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2020
    Seems to me like everyone get's Glalie bar Japan who gets Steelix. NA might get either. I don't think I've heard any other country having Steelix.

She_Delphox

Delphox used Mystical Fire!
    Years
  • I will receive my Demo code for ORAS tomorrow! :D Can't wait to play the demo while awaiting the real deal! ^_^ I remember when I was like 12 years old and Ruby/Sapphire were released, it will be cool to see the good old Hoenn region back in it's glory!

I also noticed that since Customization won't be part of this game, a lot of people are disappointed now because we can't customize our trainer anymore and you can only Soar through the Sky on a Latios/Latias... But, it is a remake people, so they put in the good old features we know from Hoenn (some even with a better improvement) and they made it clear they want to focus on that! So, we still have Secret Bases, PokeNav (improved) and stuff, let's pray they have added the great Battle Frontier as it was in Emerald as well! :D
    I don't mind I can't change my looks, since they wanted to keep this feature Kalos-only. It is a remake after all, so we can experience the good old things in a new way and a great "new" game now! :D For me, that's enough ;)

There will still be enough awesome (and new) features in this game to take away the "lack of customization" and other things people consider as "disappointments"! ;) I'm sure GF won't disappoint us, they will make up for these!

Besides, when a new Generation may be announced in the future, we get more new things to be excited about! ;)

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2017
    I managed to get a Demo after I received a code in the email. It's pretty great.

I don't know if they've been said before, but notable differences from X and Y include:
    • Walking/Running is no longer grid-locked
    • You can now sneak
    • The heads up display in battles is different
    • Overall the visuals are improved
    • Evolution now takes place inside the Poké Ball of the evolving Pokémon, and is much faster
    • The bottom screen features a news-stream that constantly gives you tips
    EDIT: You also can't choose your gender, you're stuck playing as a male "Orlando". And you do in fact get to catch a Glalie holding Glalitite which you can transfer to the full game. You also get all three starters holding their respective Mega Stones, which I think you can transfer to the full game as well (not sure). All three of the starters I got as well as the Glalie have neutral Natures. Also, after every adventure it resets all your Pokémon's EXP to 0 and probably their level back to 36 (or 40 for Glalie) as well.

Last edited:

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    Interesting...then I assume that the PAL regions will indeed get Glalie since Korea and Europe did, and both seem to fall under that area, while the NTSC regions (Japn and the US will get Mega Steelix). If there is a third Mega I think it may be the reward for playing the demo everyday until a certain point.
    ok and i see they do have glaile. America may get steelix or something else since steelix hasn't shown up elswhere it seems and that glaile is everywhwere. So it could go either way. I could there being another mega for playing everyday though.

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2022
    You can get a code from game mania or you could have gtten it at the first look event in Utrecht like me. If you don't have gamemania store close to you then I am sorry for you but you do not get any codes from nintendo zones in the netherlands.

Edit: and you also get glalie in the netherlands demo.

Yes I visited Game Mania today and received the code, but I can't find the demo anywhere in the EShop.

Years
    • Seen Oct 15, 2014
    Anyone who didn't get an email from Amazon UK, try preordering it again. I just tried that and got mine instantly. You don't even need to cancel your old preorder, just make a new order and cancel as soon as the code arrives.

Back