• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

First time posting art here. Some fakemon ideas.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen today
Ah4pwjH.jpg

There's this theory that's been going around for a while that the Fire-type starters are being drawn from the Chinese zodiac (Monkey, Rooster, Pig, Dragon, etc). I'm not really invested in whether or not it's true, but it HAS inspired me to come up with some possible designs. This is my concept for a fire starter line based on one of the missing zodiac animals - the goat. I took this concept a bit further as it evolves, eventually incorporating ideas and themes from mythology, specifically Satyrs.

Stage 1
Name: Baablaze
Type: Fire
Ability 1: Blaze
Ability 2: ------
Ability 3: Own Tempo
Pokedex: Baby Goat Pokemon
Description: While its horns are powerful, they are actually hollow inside. The interior of these horns burn like a furnace and release heat, which not only help regulate its body temperature, but can burn opponents at the touch. While fighting, Baablaze will prance around the battlefield, making it surprisingly elusive.

Noteworthy moves: Flare Blitz, Play Rough, Megahorn, High Horsepower, Fire Spin

Stage 2
Name: Phlogoat
Type: Fire
Ability 3: Dancer
Pokedex: Charred Horn Pokemon
Description: The heat generated in its horns becomes so intense, that flames begin to burst through and create small holes. Males attract females by expelling flames through these holes to give their horns bigger, and more intricate designs. This Pokemon is always hopping from one foot to the other, as if it's dancing to some unheard music.

Noteworthy moves: Swords Dance, Dragon Dance, Fiery Dance, Teeter Dance, Encore, Follow Me

Stage 3
Name: Satyrsire
Type: Fire/Fairy
Ability 3: Dancing Panic
Pokedex: Horn Flute Pokemon
Description: Upon reaching adulthood, the horns that once encased its flames can no longer contain them, and eventually fall off. This crafty Pokemon can breathe fire through the discarded horns like a flute, which creates bizarre melodies that no man-made instrument can duplicate. These songs seem to have whimsical effects on those who hear them, and can cause anything from spontaneous dancing to mass hysteria.

Noteworthy moves: Baton Pass, Nasty Plot, Perish Song, Entrainment, High Jump Kick, Magical Horn

Signature Move
Name: Magical Horn
Type: Fairy
Category: Status/Sound-Based
BP/ACC: ---/100
Effect: The user plays a tune using a horn flute that inspires all Pokemon on the field to dance, giving them the Dancer ability.

Hidden Ability
Name: Dancing Panic
Effect: Effects of opponent's dance moves are reversed.

Swords Dance, Dragon Dance, and Quiver Dance will lower the user's stats instead of raising.
Feather Dance will raise the target's Attack instead of lowering.
Teeter Dance will heal confusion instead of inflicting it.
Fiery Dance has a 50% chance of lowering the user's Sp.Atk instead of raising.
Lunar Dance will fully heal the user instead of causing them to faint.
Petal Dance will snap the user out of confusion instead of causing it.
Revelation Dance is unaffected.

The idea behind Satyrsire's gimmick is that it can apply the Dancer ability to all Pokemon on the field with its signature move, Magical Horn. Then, it may use moves like Swords Dance or Dragon Dance, and the opponents will be forced to copy these moves because of Dancer. However, because of Satyrsire's Hidden Ability, Dancing Panic, the effects of those moves are reversed when used by opponents, effectively lowering their stats while simultaneously raising its own.

-

Noblejanobii

The Maddest Shaymin
Years
This is actually super creative and I love the creativity behind the dancing satyr gimmick you've got going here. Amazing fakemon! Keep it up!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Daaannngggg. This is exactly the kind of fakemon artwork I love to see here. Great art, excellent concept, and fully fledged details about each mon. Stellar work you've got here. I sincerely hope you keep posting more! :)

AJ Stanton

TheEmeraldApple
Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Oct 27, 2022
Hey, so I'm writing a book on Wattpad.com called Pokémon: Modern and Native introducing a region based on the Western US called Terko. Right now the book itself is in its infancy, but I have done a lot of planning for the region as a whole. But I am bad at coming up with original pokémon. May I please use your Baablaze, Phlogoat, and Satyrsire pokémon for my region's fire starters? They are SO GOOD and I think I can definitely work them in well. I promise I will give you credit if you'd like. Sincerely, AJ Stanton.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 5, 2022
That looks amazing!!! It's totally a Pokemon I would love to have on any of my teams, I wish it was real! So good!!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 8, 2022
you did a great job here dude! With such abilities and power, I would definitely have Phlogoat on my team.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Sep 13, 2022
That's incredible looking! I wish it existed because it's the kind of Pokemon I'd want to have on my team.

Back