• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

First time trying this

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Mar 27, 2023
I made a sprite of a fakemon I designed yesterday. It was the first time I did something like that so I was hoping for some feedback on how I did. I used some sprits for reference however the only thing that really remained is bulbasaurs feet. Thanks all.

Attachments

• Cerafern.png
    Cerafern.png
    1.9 KB · Views: 23
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Mar 27, 2023
Awe, thanks. The name I'm leaning towards is Cerafern, type is grass that becomes grass steel. It was part of a starter trio I thought up.

Yume Tsuki

(/ ゚ヮ゚)/彡 ┻━┻
Years
A very good start, it looks very adorable. :>

I got a few things to note:

The lineart is a bit rough and thick in some places. Just let pixels that are part of the lineart connect diagonally be, when you try to connect them using extra pixels it will make the lineart look jagged and thick.

I feel like the main body and the tail could use a little more shading, as there doesn't seem to be that much depth. The shading on the brownish part of the body could also benefit from having a bit less contrast it's currently very sharp and looks more like a seperate color pattern on the body due to the huge difference in contrast.

Otherwise I got to say, good choice of a color palette. it's pleasant to look at.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Mar 27, 2023
OMG I love Asparatops. I will have to see what I come up with evolution wise now. Maybe that will be its new name. Names and me were never my strong suit. Thanks for the info on the line art Yume. I will try to see what I can do to clean it up some more. I also greatly appreciate the feed back. I cant truly take complete credit for this color scheme though. I used the colors of Summer Deerling, which is probably why it may look so odd pattern wise. I wanted to make sure I had something that seemed to flow and those colors matched what was in my head at the time.

Back