• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

TV Game of Thrones / ASoIaF

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jun 1, 2024

I need a place to talk to someone about this series while I wait for season 6, hopefully I can find some people here please

A few questions for you, to try and start some discussion - answer as few or as many as you like!

Who are your favorite/least favorite character(s)?
    Favorite/least favorite House(s)?
    How do you feel about the show diverging from the books starting season 6?
    Who do you want to see on the Iron Throne most, and why - are they a good ruler, and/or do they have the best claim to the Throne?
    Would you want a dragon or a direwolf?
    Hodor?

Spoiler: Possibly spoilery questions
    Who do you think Azor Ahai is?
    Is Jon Snow really dead? If not, how do you think he is coming back?
    Who are Jon Snow's real parents?

Feel free to discuss anything else related to the series too - ask your own questions, throw out theories, talk about the characters, just be mindful of spoilers (tag as necessary) for people who may not have read/watched up to where you are!

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    I can literally talk about this series for hours, feel free to talk to me about it!

Favorites: Cersei, Brienne, Sansa, Oberyn, Tyrion, Jaime, Tywin & Daenerys

Lannister, I love a good villain. Also the Martells I like. I don't think I have any houses I dislike that aren't obvious (ie: Boltons)

YUCK. I hate that they're essentially taking different paths to the same ending, so things are going to be indirectly spoiled for the books :'( it's why I'm torn on even watching Season 6, to me, Season 5 was a disaster and I'm not interesting in seeing it go downhill. The show peaked at Season 4. I also don't like that in their commentary after one of the big "wtf" moments last season, D&D flat out told us "Oh, yeah, George let us know this happens" ???? WHY? WHY SAY THAT? JUST LITERALLY DON'T SAY IT. I'd rather read the events as they were meant to happen :<

Who do you want to see on the Iron Throne most, and why - are they a good ruler, and/or do they have the best claim to the Throne?
    I have my own theory that Westeros as we know it is going to be completely destroyed from all the wars and white walkers/others, etc. It'll be like Valyria, except it'll be the Doom of Westeros. BUT, since that doesn't answer the question at all and since George said someone was going to rule (I think?) I'll say I'd like to see Jaime. I've been a fan of the direction his story has taken. I'll be a little bored if it's Jon or Daenarys.

Direwolf!!

Hodor?
    HODOR!

Spoiler:

Bay

Years
    I remember someone made a Games of Thrones fanclub long ago, but only a couple people joined lol. I'm cool with discussing here.

My favorites are Tyrion, Dany, Davos, Brienne, Jaime, and Arya. Least favorite would be some of the Grejoys.

On this one Game of Thrones Livejournal community I'm in, I got sorted into the Tully House so that's my default favorite house haha. I too thought the Martells are great.

I don't hate season 5 like many other fans, but I do admit some of the choices late season I don't agree with. I'm willing to give season 6 a try, though.

If you asked me this a few years ago, I would have said Dany. I then read the fifth book and it seems she still has a lot to learn. Now I'm not so sure.

I love both, but I think I can handle direwolves better haha.

Hodor?
    Hordor.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jun 1, 2024
    Favorites: Cersei, Sansa
    I rarely hear people name Cersei and Sansa among their favorites! I do think people give Sansa less credit than she deserves though.
    Spoiler: S1 / Game of Thrones
    I've seen a lot of people berate her for "doing nothing" while she was in King's Landing, being a silly girl who only dreamed of princes and not being stronger, but I feel so bad for her, she's been so incredibly alone. For a girl her age and in her position I don't think she could have acted any better than she did. What else could she have done besides bow her head down and suffer in silence? It takes a different kind of strength to endure what she did the way she did - I imagine if Arya was in her position she may not have lived given her temperament.

Is liking Cersei part of your "I like a good villain" thing, or is there something else you see in her?

Least favorite would be some of the Grejoys.
    Their Ironborn culture sucks pretty hard. :P It's an interesting contrast between their culture and the rest of Westeros, but yeah, I don't like them much either.

And re: both your replies on who will claim the Iron Throne, I hadn't considered it before, but now that I think about it it does seem possible the series could end with no one on the throne. I too had been rooting for Dany for a long time, but with her recent developments she seems no closer to getting her ass down to Westeros than before (if anything she's been set back a lot since her decision to stay in Meereen), and something big has to be happening soon with the White Walkers. With Winter approaching and all, who sits on the Throne seems kind of trivial and "Doom of Westeros" does seem like a possible outcome.

Margot

Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    I rarely hear people name Cersei and Sansa among their favorites! I do think people give Sansa less credit than she deserves though.
    Spoiler: S1 / Game of Thrones
    I've seen a lot of people berate her for "doing nothing" while she was in King's Landing, being a silly girl who only dreamed of princes and not being stronger, but I feel so bad for her, she's been so incredibly alone. For a girl her age and in her position I don't think she could have acted any better than she did. What else could she have done besides bow her head down and suffer in silence? It takes a different kind of strength to endure what she did the way she did - I imagine if Arya was in her position she may not have lived given her temperament.

Is liking Cersei part of your "I like a good villain" thing, or is there something else you see in her?

Regarding Cersei:
    I think Cersei is one of the best written, well rounded characters. A little bit has to do with her being "a good villain" but a lot of it has to do with the complexity of her character. Like don't get me wrong, I think she's an awful person for some of the things she has done, but I love how you can see her upbringing getting her to where she is.

Other thoughts under the spoiler since I'll be spoiling pretty much all the books.
    Spoiler:

As for Sansa:
    Spoiler:

Years
    Season six comes out the day before my birthday so I'll be having a large viewing party in which I shall consume several cups of wine

spoilerrrrsss

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jun 1, 2024
    spoilerrrrsss
    Spoiler:

Years
    Spoiler:

Haha I had forgotten about that picture! I basically squealed like a small child when I first saw it.

Spoiler:

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jun 1, 2024
    Haha I had forgotten about that picture! I basically squealed like a small child when I first saw it.

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Years
    The fifth season was absolutely terrible and I'm not optimistic for season six. I'll probably watch what's going on with Bran and not much else. You put ASOIAF in the title so I can be the book snob I am. :p

My top five characters are Jaime, Arya, Robb, Tyrion and Cersei/Sansa. For the Iron Throne question, I don't think there'll be one by the end of the series but that Westeros will break up into smaller kingdoms again.

Margot

Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    While I agree that the holds will go on to essentially govern themselves, I think if that were to happen, someone is going to be the one to make that big decision and work to help enforce it. I don't know how many houses will still be around at the end, but I'm sure not all will want to just drop the monarchy.

Years
    While I agree that the holds will go on to essentially govern themselves, I think if that were to happen, someone is going to be the one to make that big decision and work to help enforce it. I don't know how many houses will still be around at the end, but I'm sure not all will want to just drop the monarchy.

I don't think they'll really have a choice. The wildfire under King's Landing is a huge Chekhov's Gun that I think is gonna go kaboom when Dany and her dragons arrive. If Dany dies fighting the Others and King's Landing is gone, I think the kingdoms are going to naturally begin to rule themselves, and there won't really be anyone to stop them.

Years
    In order my favourites are - Jon Snow, Ned Stark, Jorah Mormont, Arya Stark and Tyrion Lannister. I appreciate quite a few of the well written ones like Cersei, but they're can't be my favourites due to their motives/actions.

Edit: I forgot Littlefinger. I'm not sure where to put him amongst my favourite characters because he is an evil little ****, but he's the most interesting character for me.

Least favourites - Olly.

Obviously from my favourite characters you can guess I like the Starks. Not an original choice but hey.

As a result of liking the Starks, I'm not a big fan of the Freys or the Boltons.

I've never read the books, so as long the series keeps to the same high standard then I do not mind.

Obviously being my favourite character and given the popular theory of his parents, I would like to see Jon Snow rule. I can see this occurring if he saves Westeros from the White Walkers and the truth of his parentage is revealed.

My second and third candidates would be Dany and Gendry. I would want Jorah to fulfill his dreams by protecting Dany as a member of the Queen's guard and I really just want to see Gendry back in the show and make Ned Stark's discovery eventually become useful.

As much as I love the Starks, I have to go with dragons here.

Hodor?
    (Panicked) Hodor! Hodor! Hodor! Hodor!

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jun 1, 2024
    !!!!!! Trailer's out!

I have an exam tomorrow so I don't have much time to pick it apart, but I'd love to hear your thoughts on it!

Couple quick comments, I'll say more about it when I have more time:
    Spoiler:

Bay

Years
    Spoiler:

Back