• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gaming Bad Habits

Pig

Angry ecologist
Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 16, 2023
    What are things you do throughout games you play that can kind of ruin the experience or are just generally adverse playing styles?
    (Like in Pokemon maybe you start breeding for a perfect mon 1/3rd through the actual game and end up not actually playing it or enjoying it for a long time)

Mine is I'll get in the habit of using a guide for an entire play through in order to have a "perfect" run during my first run. It's like I don't like wasting time in video games, I want to see everything my first play through.
    This is especially bad for P4G right now where I perpetually have a daily guide open, knowing full well I need to play this game around 3 times to 100% it anyway.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I get.. disgustingly obsessive. Seldom do I play games for under 200 hours and it's easy for me to max out the clock on most every game that allows me to. I clocked over 2,500 of hours in ACNL and I'm primed to do the same with New Horizons. 999:95 hours in Pokemon Y when I checked today. Spent 16 hours straight playing SSBM once and broke 6 Game Cubes just for Melee. Thousands of hours collectively in Monster Hunter since 4 Ultimate, 500 alone in Generations Ultimate -- thousands of hours in Skyrim since 2012 (only 200 or so on my Switch though, Pokemon came out before I could really sink my teeth into it), and just an obscene number of hours in other Pokemon games. I can't really play more than one game at a time because when I commit to something I commit myself fully and absolutely to it. Which is going to make playing Isle of Armor particularly hard for me. I need the 100%, I need the achievements, and ultimately I stop treating it as just a "game".

Went can corroborate me on this.

Commander Saturn

Information Broker
    Years
  • Aside from using cheats when I can, I become obsessed in the same manner that Fairy does. I believe, at the moment though I have barely played Shield in a couple of months, that I have two thousand and six hundred hours clocked onto the game. In all of my past Pokemon games, I have always hit the nine hundred and ninety nine hour mark with ease. I also do not even want to imagine how many hours I have dropped into RuneScape.

Pig

Angry ecologist
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 16, 2023
    Omg you two :rowlyikes:

I don't have near 1000 hours in any game, not even Stardew Valley, my number 1, which I'm really close to 100%ing at 360 hours. Maybe Pokemon, collectively, I could have over 1000, but not on one game.

but yes, as Fairy said, gotta have the achievements!

Years
    • Seen today
    I restart a lot. Even if it's only been a couple weeks, no matter how far I am if I haven't played in a while I feel like I have to do the game all over again.

Back