• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ghost of Tsushima

pkmin3033

With the recent State of Play giving us an in-depth look at the gameplay, I thought now a good time to discuss this upcoming Playstation exclusive, releasing on July 17th after a small delay.

Is this a game you have been following, or would be interested in playing?

Years
  • I mildly interested beforehand, but the stealth aspect and exploration (and customization, lmao) really hooked me here. Also, I quite like the navigation system; it comes off as a lot less handhold-y like the precedent set by Skyrim's navigation bar.

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    Wind and animals makes the navigation look organic and really fits the aesthetic. I also like the concept behind the samurai cinema mode - boss fights are gonna look so great and climactic here. That said, I'm a bit iffy on the combat, tbh it looks a bit easy? But it could just be the devs playing on a low difficulty for the sake of the demo. I'd like to see fights against more difficult enemies (or even a boss) before making any judgements though, I'm also curious about those orbs and that bar.

Years
  • Wind and animals makes the navigation look organic and really fits the aesthetic. I also like the concept behind the samurai cinema mode - boss fights are gonna look so great and climactic here. That said, I'm a bit iffy on the combat, tbh it looks a bit easy? But it could just be the devs playing on a low difficulty for the sake of the demo. I'd like to see fights against more difficult enemies (or even a boss) before making any judgements though, I'm also curious about those orbs and that bar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-vGbD7VSwE&t=0s

This youtuber speaks some about the orbs and what he thinks they are used for since the devs did something that used an orb during their showcase for the game and I'm thinking he is on to something about the orbs.

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-vGbD7VSwE&t=0s

This youtuber speaks some about the orbs and what he thinks they are used for since the devs did something that used an orb during their showcase for the game and I'm thinking he is on to something about the orbs.
    Interesting. Looks like using skills removes orbs, whereas killing enemies through certain skills (or quick kills in succession) replenishes them. Since L1+R1 uses up three, there might be special skills that cost 6 orbs and ultimately 9. Or maybe it's just a specific special skill that you can upgrade.

Years
  • This is honestly my type of game and would love to play it! Unfortunately, I'm an Xbox player, but I've been considering buying a PS4 for FF7 and FF14, but would it be worth it with next gen consoles coming out? This game looks super exciting though, I love open-world RPGs!

Years
  • This is honestly my type of game and would love to play it! Unfortunately, I'm an Xbox player, but I've been considering buying a PS4 for FF7 and FF14, but would it be worth it with next gen consoles coming out? This game looks super exciting though, I love open-world RPGs!

FF7 is coming to xbox in April of 2021, so there seems there is going to be next gen ports of FF7. If you're interested in any other ps4 exclusives, maybe by a base ps4 whether you buy it new or used.

Back