• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gotta Catch 'em All Japanese Events

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Sep 19, 2015
    In 2005 & 2006, there was 6 Gotta Catch 'em All Japanese Event where a bunch of Pokemon were distributed at the Japanese Pokémon Centers (フクオカ / オ-サカ / ナゴヤ / サッポロ / トウキョ- / ヨコハマ). These Pokemon have become quite rare and full information on these Pokemon is hard to come by. Unfortunately all the people that I have contacted about getting some information about them have been very uncooperative and unwilling to share even information regarding these events.

If anyone has any Pokemon from these 6 events and can provide .pkm files it would be greatly appreciated. These files would be used for research purposes only so the correct data can be extracted from them for an event database we are working on.

The information would be useful to the Pokemon Community for archival and accuracy of older GBA events. We aren't really interested in the .pkm files themselves for gameplay but more the information that they contain like the original attacks that came with the event Pokemon.

Examples:
    WIP: https://www.pocketmonsters.net/eventpokemon
    WIP: https://www.pocketmonsters.net/eventpokemon/406

Thanks in advance
    Sunain
    [email protected]
    https://www.pocketmonsters.net/forum/threads/3200?p=5636#post5636

Last edited:

blaQk

perfectionist. ♥
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2014
    Unfortunately all the people that I have contacted about getting some information about them have been very uncooperative and unwilling to share even information regarding these events.

You don't get it do you? There is a reason the information you're looking for is practically impossible to find. Say I give you all the information you want and you post it. You just made my job as a checker that much harder. Information is kept secretive to keep people from making undetectable hacks. You posting all this information on some database for people to look at is ignorant and just asking for more hacks.

If anyone has any Pokemon from these 6 events and can provide .pkm files it would be greatly appreciated. These files would be used for research purposes only so the correct data can be extracted from them for an event database we are working on.

I can literally count on one hand all the people on this forum who even knows what a .pkm file is.

The information would be useful to the Pokemon Community for archival and accuracy of older GBA events. We aren't really interested in the .pkm files themselves but more the information that they contain like the original attacks that came with the event Pokemon.

No, the information would not be useful to this forum.

If you're looking for "basic" information, look on a better database?

Posting personal e-mails is asking for spam.

tl;dr: I'm totally against this and I strongly suggest no one submit anything. Besides that, if you did receive anything from here, it's probably hacked.

Years
    • Seen Sep 19, 2015
    You posting all this information on some database for people to look at is ignorant and just asking for more hacks.

Not everyone in the world is about hacking Pokemon, besides there are PLENTY of ways to detect hacked Pokemon other than the information that we are posting, infact the information that will be posted is generally the parts people get right when hacking a Pokemon. Yes it is unfortunate that people will use the information to create hacked Pokemon but as it is with all things, people have a right to choose what they do with the information be it for legitimate research reasons or for cheating. In fact, having an accurate Event Database will actually HELP in determining if a Pokemon is hacked or not.

No, the information would not be useful to this forum.
    Please do not make statements for The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com that reflect your views.

If you're looking for "basic" information, look on a better database?
    If there was one, do you think we'd be asking for information? https://www.pokemonsecure.com/events/japan/gbaeventlist.php has some of the information but not all of it. Any information regarding these event Pokemon's attacks would be greatly appreciated.

Posting personal e-mails is asking for spam.
    Amazing what spam filters can do these days!

Last edited:

blaQk

perfectionist. ♥
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2014
    Not everyone in the world is about hacking Pokemon, besides there are PLENTY of ways to detect hacked Pokemon other than the information that we are posting, infact the information that will be posted is generally the parts people get right when hacking a Pokemon.

No, pretty much everyone is hacking and people like you are just helping them along. Sure there are plenty of ways to detect hacks. I would also like to keep it that way.

You must have very small hands then.

I in fact have very manly hands.

Please do not make statements for The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com that reflect your views.

Please provide proof that your incomplete and inferior database's information would be helpful.

If there was one, do you think we'd be asking for information? https://www.pokemonsecure.com/events/japan/gbaeventlist.php has some of the information but now all of it. Any information regarding these event Pokemon's attacks would be greatly appreciated.

Ask around secure more, be surprised by what you can find.

Amazing what spam filters can't do these days!

Fixed.

Rukario

Banned
    Years
    I'm In agreement with Sunain here.. she is JUST looking for the basic data, attacks and what not, for these event pokemon.. she's not out to hack them or offer fakes. This is for a database - part of a larger data set dedicated to pokemon - that they'd like to be accurate.

So if you CAN HELP, please feel free to post. If you can't or have other useless comments, skip the post and move on.. nothing to see here.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    Serebii, Bulbapedia

Basic event data right there. OTs, dates, moves. Find stats through IV calculator. You asked for .pkm files, but additional details must not be disclosed. ._.

Edit: Did you even look? All basic Event information is listed on Serebii. Publishing otherwise hidden data extracted from pkm files and/or hosting pkm files = NO! @_@

Last edited:

blaQk

perfectionist. ♥
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2014
    LOL

Bad references there.. also they are looking for more detailed data, I'm sure.

Just lets see if there are some users here who would like to help.

Hardly. What she posted is the information the OP is asking for.

Example: https://serebii.net/events/dex/258.shtml

Providing further information would put what the OP said they wanted into a contradiction with what was said and further prove me right.

Last edited:

Rukario

Banned
    Years
    what? She just wants the original data.

also, maybe you don't understand about gathering data firsthand.. its ok, you will one day.

*sigh*

For now, we will just let this topic stay open for those that may be able to help.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back