• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: [Hack of the Year 2017] - Pokémon Orange (GBC) [Suloku Patch] (Fin)

PiaCRT

Orange Dev
Years
  • Hi there, lively work!

Does the beta version in the releases tab include the Movie 2000 event, or should I download the patched linked in the main post for that?

They both have the event

Just completed the Movie 2000 version; generally a very enjoyable game apart from some bugs. I will list the bugs below.

• Steel-types resist Dark-type moves, and potentially Ghost-type moves as well. But they shouldn't. I assume this is an oversight.
    • The move relearner at Ascorbia Island shows all moves as physical, even if most of them are in fact special or status.
    • Hall of Fame (1-time famer) section shows all my mons as female. But I had only one female mon by the time I entered into the Hall of Fame; the others were all male.

Also, this is a personal annoyance, but consider adding a nurse or a Pokémon Center between Kumquat and Pummelo, preferably right before Victory Road, if possible. I had a very hard time passing through the Victory Road while keeping my mons at high enough health.

Finally, where are the legendary Pokémon Mewtwo, Mew, Ho-Oh, Celebi, Latias, Latios, Marshadow? Are all of them unavailable in the current version? I could not see them in the wild Pokémon location file.

I think when I remake Unnamed Island 3, I will be doing some redesigning to allow the player to sleep in the beds there to heal up.
    Latias and Latios are *supposed* to be available by looking at the TV in the players home postgame, but they are bugged and seem to be running around wild out of bounds. I have no idea why this is the case. The rest do not have their events scripted yet.

Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2023
    I would like a guide for this region. Mainly what Pokémon appear at what time. It is a bit stressful having to go back and forth constantly because I missed a Pokémon. Like Venonat, does it really appear just outside the starting area?

PiaCRT

Orange Dev
    Years
  • I would like a guide for this region. Mainly what Pokémon appear at what time. It is a bit stressful having to go back and forth constantly because I missed a Pokémon. Like Venonat, does it really appear just outside the starting area?

All encounters can be found within the source code in a single folder (aside from Rock Smash and Headbutt but there's only a couple unique encounters within those) https://github.com/PiaCarrot/pokeorange/tree/master/data/wild

A more proper guide will be made when the game is finished, because I am always tinkering and changing things.

Axolotlol

Azvigãtor
    Days
  • Hello, I have recently experienced a weird glitch or error. Every time I whip out Poliwrath into battle, my game instantly freezes and doesn't thaw. I need to fix this

Furthermore please truly notify me how to get HM02-Fly and where.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    Can anyone Tell me where i can find Rock climb? Already beat the Champion and i have no clue where to find it.

Btw this is an absolutely beautiful game. I really enjoy playing it and its really great design wise. Due to the really large map and a Lot of Walter i felt kind of lost sometimes but thats just a sidenote.

Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2023
    Really great game! But I can't use any form lycanrock In a battle.If I did,the game crashes.Please help!Just because of this,I stopped the playthrough for the patch cause lycanrock is my fav Pokemon.Please help me!

Days
  • I completed an earlier version of this game and I loved it so much. Do we know when it will be completed approximately? Really appreciate the work!

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I was really disappointed in this one. It was so good at the beginning and had most of my favourite Pokémon including rockruff. But when I evolved rockruff, no matter which form I tried, the game crashes when I send them out into battle. Don't know if anyone else has this problem. Would love to come back to it when it's solved cause now I can't trust any Pokémon I catch not to break the game

Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2023
    Here it is! My Orange Island Champion Team!
    Plus a Nidoqueen named Senorita

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230905-185743_My OldBoy! Free.jpg
      Screenshot_20230905-185743_My OldBoy! Free.jpg
      149.5 KB · Views: 15
    • Screenshot_20230905-185737_My OldBoy! Free.jpg
      Screenshot_20230905-185737_My OldBoy! Free.jpg
      130.8 KB · Views: 12
    • Screenshot_20230905-185729_My OldBoy! Free.jpg
      Screenshot_20230905-185729_My OldBoy! Free.jpg
      137.1 KB · Views: 11
    • Screenshot_20230905-185721_My OldBoy! Free.jpg
      Screenshot_20230905-185721_My OldBoy! Free.jpg
      142.5 KB · Views: 12
    • Screenshot_20230905-185714_My OldBoy! Free.jpg
      Screenshot_20230905-185714_My OldBoy! Free.jpg
      133.1 KB · Views: 11
    Years
    • Seen today
    Wanna ask, what's PSS and the difference between PSS and NO PSS?

Up until Gen 4, the types were either physical or special. That's no PSS (Physical, Special, Status Split). Since Gen 4, with PSS, moves are either physical, special or status. This opens up whole another window on so many things. For example, Gyarados is physical damage oriented Pokémon but Water type (and its moves in general) was Special before. Therefore Gyarados was struggling to benefit from its strong physical attack stat. Now with PSS, he can do more damage with Waterfall because its a Physical Water type move but not with Surf because that's a Special Water move. Before PSS Waterfall was considered as Special move. I hope I explained clearly.

Days
    • Seen Sep 19, 2023
    Fortunately I patched with the PSS vers as PSS seems like it would be better. Thankgoodness I was right

Days
    • Seen Sep 19, 2023
    Will I be underleveled if I turn off exp share? My traded Clefairy levels up way too fast and I don't know where to find a wild clefairy. Can you tell me either where to find wild clefairies or tell me will I be underlvl if I turn off exp all?

Back