• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HELP - Issue with Evolutions

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
  • So, here's the issue:

I am working with a version of the Dynamic Pokemon Expansion that I've edited to exclude (by commenting out) all Mega forms, as well as all Pokemon from 7th and 8th gens in the relevant tables/files. I do not wish to have these Pokemon in my hack.

Both the DPE and the Complete Fire Red Upgrade insertions compile successfully, albeit with some warnings.

However, when doing a test playthough, the evolution paths of Pokemon are messed up. Specifically, Nidoran (M) evolves into Metapod and Squirtle does not attempt to evolve at level 16.

Both the evolution table in DPE (src/Evolution Table.c) and the evolution paths in Hex Maniac Advance are correct so I'm not sure what the issue is.

Note: If the issue is that I can't edit out Pokemon before inserting the DPE, what steps do I need to take to disable Mega forms/Z Moves/Dynamax functions in-game? Would simply not giving the player a way to obtain the relevant items (Mega Ring/stones, Dynamax Band, etc.) in the game be sufficient?

(I assume I can keep the 7th/8th gen Pokemon out of the game by modifying the relevant Pokedex scripts and not including them in wild/Trainer encounters.)

Back