• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help with my team? In Pokemon White.

TheGhostFlame

The Ghost Flame
Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2011
    Okay so I have two major teams, one consists of only Unova pokemon, and the other has a mixture of all of the generations. Both teams are lacking one crucial member.

Unova only team.
    Archeops, knows acrobatics, thrash, rockslide, dragonclaw
    Samurott, knows ice beam, hydro pump, surf, aqua tail
    Eelektross, knows zap cannon, acid spray, thunderbolt, thunder
    Hydregion, knows crunch, hyper voice, draco meteor, dragon pulse
    Volcarona, knows heat wave, quiver dance, bug buzz, fire blast
    Krookodile, knowing earthquake, foul play, outrage, and focus blast
    I would like to replace Krookodile.

Epic team of doom :3
    Hydregion: Knowing Hypervoice, Crunch, Dragon pulse, Draco Meteor
    Gyrados, knows Hydrop pump, Hyper beam, Ice beam, Aqua tail
    Arcanine: Knows Extremespeed, Flareblitz, Flamethrower, Arial ace
    Tyranitar: Knows Earthquake, Dark pulse, Thrash, Stone Edge
    Eelektross:Knows Zap Cannon, Thunderbolt, Thunder, Acid Spray
    Metagross: Knows, Hammer arm, Psychic, Meteor Mash, Flash Cannon
    Id like to replace Metagross on this team

so.. what do you all thinK? I appreciate the help. :D

PikachuGuy

THOSE CHU'Z
    Years
  • I don't know much about the Gen V Pokemon but I do know the older ones from back in the day.

Here's what I would use for Gyarados:

Surf (Main water type move, good STAB)
    Earthquake (Takes care of those annoying Electric types)
    Dragon Dance (For sweeping)
    Return (Good powerful Normal Type move)

Tyranitar is best for Physical moves rather than Special, so I would delete Dark Pulse for Crunch.

Eelektross caught me funny on the moveset, Zap Cannon and Thunder are very inaccurate from my experience. I'd delete those for something else.

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
    Years
  • OK, I like doing Unova-only teams and making the best out of them. So, here's what I would do with your team:

Archeops, knows Fly, thrash, rockslide, dragonclaw
    Samurott, knows ice beam, hydro pump, surf, Megahorn (can be taught via move relearner in Mistralton City)
    Eelektross, knows Brick Break or Dragon Claw, acid spray, thunderbolt, Flamethrower
    Hydregion, knows crunch, hyper voice, Rock Slide, dragon pulse
    Volcarona, knows heat wave, quiver dance, bug buzz, Psychic
    Krookodile, knowing earthquake, foul play, outrage, and Shadow Claw

Archeops should know Fly because it's more powerful and can still take advantage of high attack stat and STAB.

Samurott should know Megahorn because having more than 2 offensive moves of the same type makes him less reliable in various situations. Megahorn lets him defend against Dark and Psychic.

Eelektross, once again, shouldn't know more than 2 offensive moves of the same type. Also, Zap Cannon and Thunder aren't very reliable as far as accuracy. The chosen moves give him defenses against more types.

On Hydreigon, I personally believe that Draco Meteor is overrated because it sharply reduces the Special Attack stat. This would leave Hydreigon with only Crunch as a reliable move. Therefore, Rock Slide is a better move to have in that place.

On Volcarona, I replaced Fire Blast with Psychic because 1. None of your team knows any Psychic-type moves, and 2. Fire Blast is only 20 points more powerful than Heat Wave, and has only 5 PP. You're better off with Heat Wave. You could even replace that with Flamethrower.

Finally, with Krookodile, Focus Blast is a special move, and Krookodile has low Special Attack, but high Attack. Therefore, Shadow Claw. You also don't have anyone else with Ghost-type moves.

TheGhostFlame

The Ghost Flame
    Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2011
    Ah, thank you both. I actually did not realize I had Eelektross with such in-accurate moves. I will replace that. And I didnt even know that Volcarona could learn Psychic. :D thank you for the help, and im going to fix my team, as soon as I can.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
  • Archeops
    Acrobatics
    Earthquake
    Rock Slide
    Quick Attack

Samurott
    Megahorn
    Aqua Jet
    Waterfall / Scald
    Swords Dance / Work Up

Eelektross
    Wild Charge / Thunderbolt
    Flamethrower
    Grass Knot / Acid Spray
    Hidden Power [ICE] / Grass Knot / Flash Cannon / Wild Charge

Hydreigon
    Draco Meteor
    Surf
    Dark Pulse
    Flamethrower

Volcarona
    Quiver Dance
    Bug Buzz
    Fiery Dance
    Hurricane / Psychic / Hidden Power

Krookodile
    Earthquake
    Crunch
    Stone Edge
    Bulk Up

Unfortunately, Archeops or Krookodile has to go. They both fulfill similar roles, only one is stronger while the other is more defensive. Use Acrobatics for sure because it's basically Archeops' signature move. Equip a Flying Gem and you have a bP 247.5 Acrobatics on Archeops' godly ATK stat. Quick Attack is a good attack, since Archeops doesn't learn anything that he can use that will do more damage than Acrobatics / Rock Slide.

Samurott has okay stats. Make them better with Swords Dance. His only really unique move is Megahorn, so give him that. You can use Work Up if you want to use Scald or Surf as well. Aqua Jet is a good move for Samurott.

Eelektross has a really varied movepool, which is good, but also sort of repetitive. Use his Special moves over Physical, except with Wild Charge, which will hit everything hard anyway. If you run Acid Spray, then you could use Thunderbolt, but Wild Charge will prevent him from getting walled by things with Light Screen, Calm Mind, or Amnesia. You really do want Hidden Power [ICE], but if you can't get it, you could settle for something else too.

Use Hydreigon's Special stat. Draco Meteor for a quick kill, then switch out to avoid the repercussions. Dark Pulse on most anything else. Flamethrower / Surf provide good coverage. You don't want to be using Dragon Pulse because it doesn't hit super effective on anything but Dragons. Anywhere you would use Dragon Pulse can be replaced by Dark Pulse. Draco Meteor can be used on stronger foes. Honestly, mine has Flash Cannon, but that's only because its my favorite move.

Psychic is okay on Volcarona, but Psychic is a pretty bad attack anyway. Hurricane doesn't do much for Volcarona either, whose other moves take care of the same weaknesses. Since most Fighting-types know Stone Edge / Rock Slide, Psychic might not be the best choice to deal with them. Bug Buzz and Fiery Dance are usually sufficient attacks anyway. Fiery Dance over Flamethrower / Heat Wave because it's worth it (and Quiver Dance will make up for the power loss).

Krookodile's job is to use Crunch / Earthquake... Something many other Pokemon already do. Bulk Up is there to help him out with his stats. Stone Edge is basically a given on most Pokemon that learn Earthquake, but Outrage is usable too (but doesn't offer much in coverage).

OK, I like doing Unova-only teams and making the best out of them. So, here's what I would do with your team:

Hydregion, knows crunch, hyper voice, Rock Slide, dragon pulse
    Volcarona, knows heat wave, quiver dance, bug buzz, Psychic
    Krookodile, knowing earthquake, foul play, outrage, and Shadow Claw

Archeops should know Fly because it's more powerful and can still take advantage of high attack stat and STAB.

Samurott should know Megahorn because having more than 2 offensive moves of the same type makes him less reliable in various situations. Megahorn lets him defend against Dark and Psychic.

Eelektross, once again, shouldn't know more than 2 offensive moves of the same type. Also, Zap Cannon and Thunder aren't very reliable as far as accuracy. The chosen moves give him defenses against more types.

On Hydreigon, I personally believe that Draco Meteor is overrated because it sharply reduces the Special Attack stat. This would leave Hydreigon with only Crunch as a reliable move. Therefore, Rock Slide is a better move to have in that place.

On Volcarona, I replaced Fire Blast with Psychic because 1. None of your team knows any Psychic-type moves, and 2. Fire Blast is only 20 points more powerful than Heat Wave, and has only 5 PP. You're better off with Heat Wave. You could even replace that with Flamethrower.

Finally, with Krookodile, Focus Blast is a special move, and Krookodile has low Special Attack, but high Attack. Therefore, Shadow Claw. You also don't have anyone else with Ghost-type moves.

Since when was Fly more powerful than Acrobatics? >_>

Also Dragon-type moves suck.

TheGhostFlame

The Ghost Flame
    Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2011
    I already knew Acrobatics was stronger, fly is just so much more useful in game. Okay so now I have decided to replace Volcarona as well. im not patient enough for quiver dance. My Unova only team now consists of:
    Chandelure: Knowing Shadow Ball, Inferno, Flamethrower, and Hex.
    Eelektross: Knowing Acid Spray, Volt Switch, Thunderbolt, Thunder.
    Archeops, Knowing Thrash, Rock Slide, Dragon Claw, Acrobatics
    Samurott: Knowing Ice beam, Megahorn, Surf, and Hydro Pump ((how rare is it to have a female starter pokemon?))
    Hydreigon: KNowing Hyper Voice, Dragon Pulse, Crunch and Outrage ((I waited so long for him to learn this move!!))
    annnd a gaping hole for a sixth pokemon... help me choose one ^>^

Back