• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Talk] How can I improve, and learn how to sprite?

Ace Trainer Slash

If you give me about two hours, I can make scripts
Years
  • Hi! :)

So, very recently, I've been working on a ROM Hack, and I've been teaching myself how to sprite, as far as I've gotten, I only know how to do recolours, for shiny Pokemon and stuff. I want to create Fakemon however, but I'm terrible at spriting, I tried a scratch sprite a long time ago... I don't want to talk about that one... But I decided to pick it up again, since I've seen how Game Freak uses pixels in their sprites by recolouring them.

To show off what I've learnt from this, I created a design/Pokemon that involves symmetry, and the use of curved lines, and some sort of depth. It is a ceramic pot with melting eyes and a flame. It's not done yet.

I'll post two of my shiny sprites, and my custom one from recently. Please do tell me what I need to improve in, my custom sprite is a sketch to show my abilities in spriting, so its not that good, while my shiny recolours are made seriously in mind with the choice of colour. Please tell me what I need to fix. :)

Attachments

• Custom Shiny Tauros!.png
      Custom Shiny Tauros!.png
      5.7 KB · Views: 6
    • Custom Shiny Shroomish!.png
      Custom Shiny Shroomish!.png
      3.6 KB · Views: 5
    • Very first sprite.png
      Very first sprite.png
      1 KB · Views: 25
    Last edited:
    Back