• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Talk] How do you draw?

Aldo

Survivalist
Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2024
    Mostly Medibang, no tablet. Although I do go to paint.net for pixel art sometimes.

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
  • Mainly traditional through pencil; pen, print and water colour, but I like drawing digitally through Adobe illustrator; Photoshop, SAI and sometimes Clip studio.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    I used to only draw pencil sketches. Then I realized that scanning them to a PC resulted in pictures with a terrible contrast. So I started doing lineart followed by coloring via colored pencils.

I also have two tablets. An old Bamboo Connect (the bottom line one without eraser and pad buttons) and an Intuos Pro which I only acquired recently. A little pricey, but at least Linux comes with built in Wacom driver support so I don't have to worry about that.
    Setting up buttons still was a little bit of a hassle especially because I use Gimp, which for some odd reason doesn't do it on its own. I do however appreciate Gimp's window mode. Whenever I use it it's more for pixel art than digital art. I just can't get into the latter.

Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2023
    It depends. When I'm in the field for more than a day, I usually take my notebook and pencils with me to draw birds or nature. When I'm home, I do digital art. I currently have Wacom Intuos Basic Pen S Black which I bought in January this year. I use to draw in the good ol' Paint Tool SAI. I also use Paint.NET, but only for some post-adjustments (I find it much easier to do in Paint.NET than Sai) and spriteart which I do from time to time.

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
    Years
  • I currently use my iPad with Procreate <3 but I also have a wacom bamboo manga and use Clip Studio on PC c:

Last edited:

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • I sketch and warm up traditionally a lot of the time but for making Actual Things I use my Surface Pro 4 and Clip Studio Paint now that I finally sucked it up and stopped using GIMP :D

Years
  • For normal digital art I use Clip Studio Paint and either use my Surface to draw, or if I don't want to boot that up anymore use a 8 year old wacom intuos. (still works!!)
    For pixel art I use pyxel edit (it's $9!), but I will also sketch figures in CSP.

Also, for any graphics I have to do, I will use Affinity Photo and Affinity Designer. (SHILL IT'S ONE TIME PAYMENT SCREW ADOBE)

[C]

The Fifth Pillar
    Years
  • I went from Microsoft Paint and Mouse (Yes, I know) to Paint and Intuos Wacom Tablet, and then to Paint Tool SAI and an Intuos Wacom Tablet.
    Very happy to work with a stylus and layers. What I don't like is that sometimes either the tablet (or the software?) bugs out, and my stylus goes into a different "mode" in which the drawing becomes laggy, the button on the stylus which I set for the Eyedropper tool ceases to work and transfers over to holding the stylus on the tablet for a few seconds instead, tried updating to no avail.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Mostly traditional and digital, and a few other mediums here and there depending on supplies. :)

Back