• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How do you express your love for someone?

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 12, 2024
    I'm usually the type to get them a gift if I have some extra money available regarding a person or in my pet's case just a hug.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Often if I initiate with somebody or reciprocate (outside of obligation) it means I really enjoy said person.

I'm mostly content in my own bubble.

Years
  • This actually hasn't happened much to me! I usually just talk + show support for the person in conversations to make sure they know I care about them, especially when something stressful comes up where they'd appreciate the kind words. Occasionally maybe I'll offer to send a gift but not often since it's not usually something that comes up in my mind - it's not so easy when I usually live far apart from people now, lol. Even my irl friends are far away currently after 2/4 of us moved. Chatting and being friendly is the most I do, in most cases!

Days
    • Seen May 12, 2024
    Not.

I am godawful at expressing any form of emotions to others and not even that, I refrain from doing so in the first place cause it never ends well.
    Same here TBH, it's kind of a weird double thing for me since I like seeing people in love and all that, but I get nervous when I express love to anyone, be it friends or family.

Setsuna

♡ Setsuna Scarlet Storm!!
    Years
  • A lot of the time it's vocal for me, I think telling someone "you mean a lot to me" or "I like spending time with you" is really difficult for a lot of people, but it's what they want to hear. I'd rather be completely clear about a message like that so they can't misunderstand that and they know they're appreciated. Though I have learned I express it physically as well through something like hugs or holding hands. I think I picked it up from my mom but never really had anyone to express that with until recently.

I just think whether it's love or friendship or gratitude or whatever, please let people know how you feel or if they make you happy! It doesn't just have to be a crush and it doesn't just have to be saying "I love you" but I think it's something everyone would love to be made aware of.

Years
  • If you mean platonically, I just support them and try to help them how I can.

If I have a legit crush on someone, I wait for a good time to tell them and let them know it's ok if they don't feel the same way.

Back