• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Talk] How's your photography?

Lysander

girl power ftw
Years
How good would you say you are at taking photos? Also, what do you usually like to take photos of, and do you prefer to use a proper camera to take photos or simply use your phone instead? And do you also like to edit photos or leave them as they are?

I usually take photos of my pet cats whenever I use my phone camera, and I would say that I've managed to take some pretty good photos in the past. I used to have a digital camera when I was younger, but these days I just use my phone instead. I don't usually edit photos a great deal beyond cropping a few of them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Uragirimono

this profile is embarassing dont look at me
Years
  • Age 19
  • Seen Oct 6, 2023
I'd say I'm still pretty new to photography, but it's fun anyway.
I like going for pictures of the sunset/sunrise or nature in general, I never see a reason to edit anything as I think they look fine the way they are.

Years
Hi there! I discussed this over with Kitty and we both agreed that this is a better fit in the Art Studio. :D

Noblejanobii

The Maddest Shaymin
Years
I'd say I'm okay at it. Definitely improved a lot last semester. Here's a few of my favorite shots.

Spoiler:

These were all taken at different times (hence the varying sizes I guess?). The first two were taken 2015-2016 ish with a Nikon Coolpix L340. No editing on the solar eclipse photo, slight color adjustment on the Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church cross picture. The second two were both taken last semester with a rental camera. I'm blanking on specifically what it was other than it was a Canon but I'll probably remember later. No touch-ups on the picture of the succulent but again slight color adjustments on the lizard on the tree. I like to do slight tonal or lighting changes just to make things pop more.

Currently I rarely use my phone to take pictures given it's an iPhone SE which means the camera is very blah especially compared to my more professional cameras. Maybe if I get like an iPhone 7 or something I'll use it more.

Last edited:

QuietDragon

a wavering flower, a bird taking flight
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 20, 2023
I only have my phone, the Zeiss lenses my iPhone and my old Nokia also had are pretty sweet for getting clear images, BUT the colours are often off and I have to use filters or adjust/edit things to make them look more saturated/accurate to the way they looked in real life. Natural light pictures are usually pretty okay and I don't need to edit them! (Pretty sure all of these aren't edited. ^^)

1850F907-72F7-4E35-8B7B-F9457BAE4B02.jpeg
Spoiler:

D25BE088-6B77-4636-A12E-1BBD38B2DC71.jpeg
Amy, my brother's cute lovebird!

Very casual. Just for fun and to capture something pretty or interesting!!

Last edited:
Back