• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity announced - a Breath of the Wild Prequel

Years

• This is certainly welcome. And sudden!

Press release:
    Spoiler:

pkmin3033

This is actually the best thing that could have ever happened to Breath of the Wild.

One of the reasons I hate Breath of the Wild is because they only alluded to the things that happened prior to the game's miserable excuse for a narrative, and those were the only things that were even slightly interesting. Now they are going to tell that story in the best way possible: letting you actually fight the battles by wading through thousands of enemies in another Hyrule Warriors title. I seriously cannot wait. Hyrule Warriors is one of my favourite games - to the point that I have bought it three times, and put 240 hours into clearing the Switch version - and even if this will probably only have 6 playable characters, BOTW's truly awful voice acting, and very little postgame content, I am very excited. I have high expectations of this.

This should be everything that Breath of the Wild was not: a good video game. Don't let me down, Koei Tecmo.

Last edited:

ZachieBlade

The cow goes moo!
    Years
  • I am SO EXCITED for this! I love Zelda and I love Hyrule Warriors and just ahhhh. This is such a good way to do this.

Years
  • I think this is a good idea and It's interesting that they worked closely with the zelda team to make it. It's not BotW 2 but I'll take it in the meantime. I don't think even the sequel could capture the magic that BotW produced for those first 10 or so hours but I think it has an amazing base to build off of so it could potentially be even greater as a whole. Can't wait to play as the little egg guardian on the boxart which will definitely be a character for sure guaranteed.

Back