• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Jonathan Majors fired by Marvel after assault conviction / future?

Years
  • Marvel has fired Jonathan Majors after he was convicted of assault and harassment of his ex-partner.

I am delighted they got rid of him - Loki S2 was such a tough watch because he was in it - but where do you think they'll go from here?

Will they recast Kang the Conqueror, or will they move on to a different main villain now? I really hope it's the latter.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/paulta...nvicted-of-assault-and-marvels-path-is-clear/

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/marvel-drops-jonathan-majors-as-kang-1235391129/

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • I've been hearing that the MCU in general hasn't been doing very well. This... certainly doesn't help

Who knows what they'll do. They'll decide what's best and they won't care what anyone else/the fans think. Because... business.

Explorer of Time

Advocate of Ideals
    Years
  • I've never liked Kang in the comics much, so I'd like to see him be replaced with Dr. Doom as the main villain in Phase Six, especially if we're moving on to Secret Wars.

That being said, Kang is a really easy character to recast, since it'd be completely justified in-universe if he ended up looking a little different because of time travel stuff, so I'm expecting Disney to just pick a new actor. (Disclaimer: I have not seen S2 of Loki yet.)

Years
  • Same tbh.If we're doing Secret Wars then Doom is the obvious replacement. That route would be the best scenario imo.

They could recast him with anyone they like (or even many different actors if they really wanted to) but I fear the baggage will always linger and I'm not sure the MCU can afford that right now.

I hope for a clean break and use the opportunity to build something better.

Days
    • Seen yesterday
    I fell off the MCU some time ago, the films lost a lot of their appeal to me the longer they went on, and the TV series haven't really been particularly engaging - the episode count is too short, and they feel extremely rushed as they try to cover too much all at once. This was an issue a lot of the later movies had as well once they stopped being straight-up origin stories and started trying to adapt massive comic book arcs into less than three hours. The nice thing about Kang is that they could very easily recast him, but the problem is that Majors made the role his own so recasting him wouldn't be as simple as recasting War Machine was. I imagine this has put a lot of their plans dead in the water.

Doctor Doom feels like an obvious choice for a replacement if they're still going to go down the Secret Wars route, but personally I would love to see them outright kill off Kang and introduce the Apocalypse Twins as the new antagonists. That would be an absolutely perfect way to bring in the X-Men into the MCU, and Apocalypse himself as well as another major antagonist.

Back