• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] Lava Lamp Fakemon Concept

Years
  • Hello, I doodled this today and I wanted to show it off. Idk if this counts as a 'showcase' if it's one pokemon and it's evolution, but wcyd.
    Does anyone think I should refine this? Heck, if someone wants to adopt/edit/ completely remake it go for it, just show it to me when it's done :) . I can be pretty bad about moving beyond a sketch stage anyway.

I don't have the time to get out my art tools to really work on it rn (finals week you know?) but I find draging on lined paper easier anyhow.

Concept - Steel/Poison Lava Lamp pokemon - might also have a tendency for ghost and fire moves. It's a slow pokemon - it's first stage is about the fastest it gets. Good physical or special attacker, good for Trick Room teams, but not too defensive, with mediocre special defense.

Name concept:
    Overal - names end in "lob" as a blob theme.

Epilob "epidemic/blob" also a pun on 'epi' as meaning 'top' - the overall shape of the little one.
    61e62ecf8a24a65153b9949eb6f90aa6529c626f.jpg

Corrolob "corrosive/blob" also a pun on 'corro' as meaning 'ring' for it's circle-themed shape
    6c97a8166c04c4d3be9707490e47de90b50baef5.jpg

Tetraclob "Tetrachloride/blob" Also a pun on 'clobber' for it's attack, and 'tetra' can be a hint to it's four attacking types - steel, poison, fire, and ghost.
    c7deb8e10ad1a5dd709c51179f4b93f26141ac66.jpg

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    this is so awesome! i wouldn't change a thing! I was going to recommend ghost type based on their looks. but looks like you already mentioned that.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Apr 24, 2021
    I'm really digging this concept! It would be cool to see a more polished sketch with some flat colors, I'm really curious to see what kind of color scheme you're planning for this! I like how you leaned towards Poison more so than fire, since that's technically much closer to the truth than fire would be. And the added corrosion concept behind it it really cool, too! I noticed you mentioned what kind of Pokemon you want it to be in regards to stats, and the wide type coverage makes it really fascinating. Did you have any other ideas in mind for niches you wanted it to fit into in regards to battling? :o Would it be a really hard-hitter or does it make up for its low speed and defenses in other ways?

Last edited:

Noblejanobii

The Maddest Shaymin
    Years
  • This is such a cool concept! Would it be like Minior in that you can have different colored blobs? Or would they all be like purple or pink to fit with the poison theme?

Back