• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Let it Snow - An OU RMT

Zaroas

Dragon's Might
Years
Recently, my interest in competitive battling has increased due to the release of X and Y in a couple months and a tournament between several friends and myself. Despite winning with a team that I got RMTed here a while ago, I wanted to make something fresh. I decided to make a hail team, a weather that's far behind Sand, Sun, and Rain in usage. I tested the team out on Pokemon Showdown, and in some situations it did well, while in others it did not, especially against Sun Teams. Without further ado, here is the team.

460.gif

Abomasnow @ Expert Belt
Snow Warning
252 Atk, 172 SpA, 84 Spe
Lonely nature
-Ice Shard
-Wood Hammer
-Protect
-Hidden Power Fire

Abomasnow acts as my lead, setting up hail, and is a great anti-metagame Pokemon. It hits many commonly used sweepers, especially those used in other weather teams, for super effective damage. Ice Shard is great for taking down dragons such as Dragonite, Salamence, and Garchomp. Hidden Power Fire helps Abomasnow take out steel types, and with this EV spread it can OHKO Scizor. Protect can help to scout an opponent's move, especially against choiced enemies. I'm considering using Eathquake over HP Fire, as my team has several ways of dealing with Steel types.

485.gif

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
Flash Fire
252 SpA, 4 SpD, 252 Spe
Modest Nature
-Flamethrower
-Earth Power
-Overheat
-Hidden Power Electric

Heatran is my revenge killer, and is used both offensively and defensively. It can absorb fire attacks aimed at Abomasnow, and its Fire moves are thus powered up by Flash Fire. The EV spread allows Heatran to outspeed several key threats and have more bulk while maintaining power. Hidden Power Electric is there to help me hit water types, such as Starmie.

073.gif

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Rain Dish
252 HP, 240 SpD, 16 Spe
Bold nature
-Protect
-Scald
-Toxic
-Rapid Spin

Tentacruel acts as both my spinner and my answer to rain teams. With Rain Dish, it's able to recover a lot of HP when combined with Black Sludge, and also spreads status. Scald is its only damaging move, but does its job well, especially when enemy physical attackers are burned. Rapid Spin is fantastic on this team, allowing Pokemon such as Abomasnow and Kyurem-B to come in without hazard damage.

646-black.gif

Kyurem-B @ Leftovers
Teravolt
56 HP, 216 Atk, 236 Spe
Lonely
-Substitute
-Blizzard
-Fusion Bolt
-Dragon Claw

Kyurem-B acts as my sweeper, and with hail, it is a very potent force. Setting up Substitute allows me to get protection up against its counters during a switch, and allows me to get at least one hit off. Blizzard is used due to perfect accuracy in the hail. Entry hazards aren't as much of a problem with Tentacruel.

skarmory.gif

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Sturdy
224 HP, 252 Def, 32 SpD
Impish nature
-Spikes
-Roost
-Brave Bird
-Whirlwind

Skarmory acts as defensive wall to help against several Pokemon this team has trouble with. Spikes allows it to get more hazards up, while Whirlwind can stop Pokemon from setting up. It also has good synergy with Landorus-T and Kyurem-B. The rest should be self explanatory.

landorus__therian_form_animated_sprite_by_dudedudedudeo-d5ltlnh.gif

Landorus-T @ Leftovers
Intimidate
200 HP, 64 Atk, 244 Spe
Adamant
-U-Turn
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-Stealth Rock

Originally I had Gliscor in this slot, but I decided that I needed to keep more offensive pressure on my opponent and thus I went with this. It maintains defensive synergy with the rest of the team and allows Stealth Rock to be set up. It's also quite bulky with this spread, and still allows fantastic attacking power with base 145 Atk. I used Landorus' Therian form above Incarnate due to Intimidate.

Like said, I've been having trouble against Sun Teams, though the addition of Landorus-T has helped. Sun as well as Rain are both very hard to handle when Tentacruel is down, as well.

Constructive criticism is welcome and needed. Thanks!

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I'd rather let Heatran use the standard 252 SAtk/4 SDef/252 Spe spread because while 130 Special Attack hurts a lot, Choice Scarf makes Heatran have less power compared to Choice Specs/Life Orb sets.

Kyurem-B can handle Rain teams fine as well.

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
Years
I think this team is very good. I may recommend a counter for Rock-type moves, as none of your team resist Rock, but as most Rock-type moves are inaccurate and the fact that Physically Defensive Skarmory is unlikely to be 2HKOed by Choice Band Tyranitar's Stone Edge I don't think it matters. Good luck in your battles.

Back