• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ROM Hack] Let's Return with Pokemon Dark Rising 2! (HD Remix)

Rainbow Chara X

Impossible to gauge!
Years

• fj2Ir1f.png

[Title theme for this go-around: Cometh the Hour]

1ff9e7ce54bc0eb491e69b18208b4bfa411978ec_hq.gif

The beast has returned.

For the uninitiated, Dark Rising 2 is part of a Pokemon rom hack series made by the eponymous Dark Rising Girl - long story short, the first game was a bad fanfiction with a difficulty curve so punishing and erratic that you might as well have fought an eighty foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier bare-handed. (Prime example: You start at level 5... and you end the game fighting a level 99 abomination with 1000 Base Stat Total and a 200 power Dark move. It's inhuman.)

The first game holds the lowest score I've given/could give to any game, fanmade or otherwise... so you're probably wondering why the hell I would be willing to go back into this series instead of casting it into the fiery pits of Inferno.

For one, I like to stay positive and hope DRG and her team may have improved as time passed, and second I want to get this dirt patch off of my list of games to let's play. The third reason is entirely because of how events I made unfolded in the last let's play - I liked them so much that I wanted to continue even if Dark Rising itself is beyond saving.

Oh well. Let's see how long it lasts before everything bursts into flames.

CHAPTER LIST FAST TRAVEL:

[font=verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Chapter 1 - Dawn of the New World[/font]

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Rainbow Chara X

Impossible to gauge!
    Years

• This is going to be an exercise in frustration.

[font=verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Chapter 2 - Your Thieving Heart[/font]

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Rainbow Chara X

Impossible to gauge!
    Years

• 779.gif

Ladies and gentlemen, have we got a show for you tonight!

No more waiting - there's some special events in this chapter alone that will change the course of the entire game, so you better brace yourselves.

Chapter #3 - Vile Omen

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Rainbow Chara X

Impossible to gauge!
    Years

• We're slowly but surely chipping away at this game, one chapter at a time.

[font=verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Chapter #4 - Stone Cold[/font]

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Rainbow Chara X

Impossible to gauge!
    Years

• Let's have some fun since this is the perfect chapter for Spooky Month.

tumblr_p85h9jZtiY1sodr1ro1_500.gif

[font=verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Chapter #5 - Looming Evil[/font]

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Rainbow Chara X

Impossible to gauge!
    Years

• We're gonna be the best spies ever, guys. Just watch.

70a267a8bbf398e3c4da1648dd99de098c2641cf_r.gif

[font=verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Chapter #6 - Wretched Hive[/font]

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Rainbow Chara X

Impossible to gauge!
    Years

• We're gonna hit them where it hurts.

NzZnqUh.png

[font=verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Chapter #7 - Enemy Retreating[/font]
    Spoiler:

Rainbow Chara X

Impossible to gauge!
    Years

• Oh boy.

This is when the game starts taking its crazy pills. Will be I be affected? Let's see in:​
    [font=verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Chapter #8 - Karma Houdini[/font]

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Rainbow Chara X

Impossible to gauge!
    Years

• I smell The Power of Friendship on the horizon.

[font=verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Chapter #9 - Companions[/font]

Spoiler:

Back