• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Celebration: Lunar New Year

Years
    February 1st marks the Lunar New Year this 2022, officially the start of the Year of the Tiger in China. Around the world billions of people are celebrating this exciting time of year, lighting their fireworks, and making noise, getting those lanterns ready, wearing lucky colors, feasting on good food, visiting family, going to temples, so I want to take a moment to wish my fellow pokecommunity members a happy new year, full of good luck, and give a shout out to Singapore, Malaysia, Taiwan, the Phillipines, Vietnam, China, Korea and any other countries who are on the lunar calendar.

In the Chinese Zodiac tigers are called the king of the animals. The general forecast for the year of the tiger, as far as I have read, is that it's a going to be an intense, challenging year like the dramatic and relentless tiger personality, but while there may be some drama, it can also be a time to overcome the conflicts faced and attain success, this is especially true if you are born in the year of the tiger, experiencing trials this year that can lead to accomplishing something to be proud of, if you put in the hard work, so it's a big year.

If you were born in the year 1950,1962, 1974, 1986, 1998 or 2010, then you are born in the year of the tiger, and you're in the spotlight, you're boss. If you're a good leader and self-reliant, then this is a good year for you, a good time for helping others, making important decision after careful deliberation, taking your career or higher learning to the next level, and making dreams a reality. Fortune favors the bold, that doesn't mean be reckless though, take good care not to get injured, and stay safe as always.

Anyone out there know any Tigers? I think my dad is one, but will double check with him. I know my cousin is definitely one.

This is a fun link to horoscope for all the different zodiac signs. What's your Chinese Zodiac sign?

https://nypost.com/2022/02/01/chinese-new-year-predictions-what-to-expect-in-2022/

I'm a dragon, and very proud of that, since dragon is my favorite Pokemon typing and my favorite mythological creature, and it's a very noble and deep symbol representing the emperor himself. I hear that 2022 will be a quiet, stable year of smooth dealings mostly for us dragons, which is what I would prefer, while also a year of great spiritual growth and learning for us, gaining new perspectives on life and becoming wiser. This introspective year is supposed to a time for education and remaining organized. I will keep that in mind.

Years
    Happy Lunar New Year & Spring Festival to each of you!

May the year of the tiger bring you all peace, love, health, and prosperity ❤

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Happy Lunar New Year everyone! ( ⸝⸝•ᴗ•⸝⸝ )੭⁾⁾

I'm of the year of the Horse, so I'm supposed to be less stressed and enjoy more fun things in my life this year. We'll… see about that lol. That's a hard maybe.

tenfrogs

mrs. van mccann
    Years
    Happy Lunar New Year everyone!~

I'm year of the pig so surely Valentines Day will be brimming with opportunity for me... r-right?

Years
    Happy Lunar New Year y'all!

Year of the Tiger means it's my year too, 1998 squad representing :D We don't celebrate it as heavily in my country, but we're still v much aware of it and uhh I believe it's a holiday? I just remember that there'd never be class back then when Lunar New Year hit hah. I've also been living the freelance life for a while so I've forgotten what non-working holidays are :p

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Represented by a beast of burden, you must now, more than ever, guard against letting hard work get in the way of your good time. Buck your own routines and resist being so saddled with obligations that you fail to run wild.

lmao and this is the year i'm supposed to take a phd

Happy lunar new year!

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    A belated but happy Lunar New Year!

My Chinese zodiac is a snake! None of my family are born within the Year of the Tiger as far as I know. Our family is Chinese though so we always celebrate and observe the traditions of the Lunar New Year together. I wish everyone a year of prosperity and good fortune. :D

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Happy Lunar New Year y'all!

Year of the Tiger means it's my year too, 1998 squad representing :D We don't celebrate it as heavily in my country, but we're still v much aware of it and uhh I believe it's a holiday? I just remember that there'd never be class back then when Lunar New Year hit hah. I've also been living the freelance life for a while so I've forgotten what non-working holidays are :p
    Oh wait, 1998? My sister is a tiger then, cool :)

Years
    Oh wait, 1998? My sister is a tiger then, cool :)
    omg what's it like having a tiger as a sibling

I was s'pose to have a cousin who was born the same year as me actually, but she sadly didn't make it beyond a few hours after birth due to complications :c I hope she's doing ok wherever she is~

Years
    I don't usually check things like this, but for the heck of it I thought I'd have a look just for curiosity's sake.
    New opportunities abound for the people of the snake this year. Financial growth, sexual satisfaction and spiritual communion are calling. But now, as ever, you must shed who you were to receive what you deserve.
    It wouldn't be bad if all of this happened 😲

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
    Happy Lunar New Year everyone, may this year treat you all more kindly, and may the spirit of the tiger help you persevere through hardship!

For bunnies like me...

Breakthroughs are inevitable but patience is essential to bunnies in the year ahead. It is important to bide your time and bite your tongue when it comes to pushing your dreams and schemes into fruition.

Good thing I'm very patient to begin with, haha. I'll keep that advice in mind though, for certain projects I'm working on. ^ ^

Years
    Happy lunar New year peeps people!

You can't spend money when you're dead but you do need it to live. When it comes to finances, assess the excess and trim the fat enough to allow for practical plans to unfold and occasional indulgences to be enjoyed.

Why is mine about money D=
    Idc about money at all @_@

Anyway... Goat squad represent :coolcat:
    *tries to high five sheep*
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    Let's see mine shall we~

Meow — it's a good time to be you. So long as you live, love and dress yourself with the guiding principle that fortune favors the bold, there is no limit to what you can attract or to what heights you may ascend.

Pretty close to what I'm going through right now, exploring job options and going outside my comfort zone. I'd say this is pretty accurate so long as I just put my game face on~

Back