• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] Milkacrea Sprites

jacktheking

Hatched Egg
    Years
    Hello all,

I'm inTech and I am developing a monster-themed game (Milkacrea). I have drawn some sprites for my game. However, I'm not very sure about my 'skill'.
    Do give me some feedback..

Milkacrea Sprites

If any of you are interested to join Milkacrea as spriters, feel free to PM me.

Last edited:

faf

[b][color=#1acc14]Queen of Dragons[/color][/b]
    Years
    Howdy!
    Your concepts are really cute and colourful; normally monsters tend to look fierce but they don't have to be all the time. Some feedback:

• I'm noticing there are some white spots left on the monster's body; after scratching I strongly recommend zooming in on your sprite and filling them in.
    • I don't know your program but if you are using Paint (for example) then the paintbrush tool should be mothballed since the colouring leaves the edges from the brush different coloured pixels when filled. If you need to block out an area and/or scratch the outline then the Pencil tool is the best tool to use.
    • Speaking of blocking, you can use highlights and shading to add more depth to your pixels. Sprites with no shading tend to look a bit flat.
    • I also recommend thinning your outlines, like here for example.
    Hope this helps and good luck!

jacktheking

Hatched Egg
    Years
    Alright, thanks for the feedback. I will be looking for white spot and filling in them.
    Umm.. I'm using Paint.net and.. to be honest, I dont understand some of the words you used in comments two and three (edges, block out and scratch).

I will be looking for way to thin my outlines. I agree that the outline is too thick.

Once again, thanks.

jacktheking

Hatched Egg
    Years
    Updated first post with new Milkacreas!:)
    I think (well.. :o) I have improved since my I started spiriting..

jacktheking

Hatched Egg
    Years
    Updated first post with new Milkacreas!:)
    I think (well.. :o) I have improved since my I started spiriting..

Back