• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Monotype teams without weather?

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
  • I've noticed a trend starting to appear of monotype teams such as fire, water, rock, and ground teams aren't using their perma-weather pokemon. The most common I see is water teams missing Politoed. I personally don't get why they skip out on such a useful aspect of battling. Have you seen this trend and/or do you support it? What are the advantages/disadvantages of this technique?

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • The surprise factor is a huge advantage of not using the otherwise predictable weather schemes, though I do find myself not using Politoed on Water-type monotypes, but instead Rain Dance + Damp Rock support mon that are followed by Swift Swim abusers. It's actually quite effective depending on who's in charge of setting up the weather.

Years
    • Seen Jun 29, 2016
    Well, monotype teams can work. I have a Steel team that works incredibly well because steel types have so many resistances as well as secondary typings and abilities that cancel weaknesses. On the flip side of that is something like Mono Bug, which while powerful offensively can be stamped out due to a lack of resistances.

Back