• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Music Music that cheers you up when you're down?

Nuclearkiller42

A pig in a cage on antibiotics
    Years
    Over The Rainbow by Israel Kama-whatever does cheer me up quite a bit. Simple and Clean/Hikari by Utada Hikaru also does, although it's not my favourite song from Kingdom Hearts. It's pretty close to being it though.

blue

gucci
    Years
    Anything by Sia, her songs are just so uplifting. I can totally relate to the lyrics and she just has the most beautiful voice.

pkmin3033

Queen. I can't not sing along to Queen. I've tried, and it's made me feel awful for doing it, like I'm eating live babies, or clubbing kittens to death. Every time a Queen song pops on the radio it rapidly degenerates into a sing-off between my mother and I. The Queen CDs are restricted in this house for special occasions, because otherwise none of us would get a moment's peace. Queen is the band my parents would use to calm me down when I was younger, and it's kinda stuck. It's like paracetomol, coffee, and all sorts of illegal substances all packaged into my ears. It never fails to make me feel good. I really, really like Queen. xD

On the complete opposite end of the spectrum...Chimaira works wonders too. Nothing like blasting your eardrums cleans with heavy metal when you don't want to think about anything for a little. Other bands have this effect on me - Rammstein, Deathstars, Murderdolls, etc - but none quite so well as Chimaira. Listening to something extremely violent and depressing that is often barely discernible is also a good way to cheer up when you don't particularly WANT to cheer up.

Also, pretty much the entirety of Suite Precure's OST has this effect on me. Not quite as powerfully as Queen, but if I want to think straight and not burst into spontaneous song like some kind of mutant Disney Princess and keep my eardrums intact, I'll use this. xD

Years
    You can try listening to Tweny One Pilots. They have a lot of good songs that you may relate to. You can try Holding Onto You or Goner. :)

Back