• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Gen 4] My First Sinnoh Journey!

Years
  • It's finally here! I ordered a sealed copy of Pokemon Platinum a couple of weeks ago and it has arrived! I have never played through Sinnoh, don't know why, I guess that is just when I lost interest in the games for a bit. I am going to be doing a playthrough, of course, and as it is my first time playing through Sinnoh, I thought it would be fun to detail it here. I am gonig to be playing on set with no overleveling but those are the only restrictions I am going to give myself.

I will be nicknaming my Pokemon as well following a food theme. I will update this as I go along! Will probably start playing tonight (1-2-21 (that palindrome))! Adding another restriction, I am only going to take as many Pokemon to a gym battle as the leader has.

Last edited:

Duck

🦆 quack quack
    Years
    • he, they
    • Seen Feb 23, 2023
    Best of luck! I'm not sure if you're doing the run blind, or if you're looking stuff up ahead, but in case it's the former, here's the ace level and number of Pokémon of each gym:
    Spoiler:

This way you don't have to spoil yourself when looking up level caps.

Years
  • Fantastic, thank you! I was going to use Serebii and I would see what Pokemon get used, but yes, I want to go in as blind as possible so this is great!

Years
  • I have made it a few minutes into the game so far, I just wanted to get my starter before I play more tonight. I picked Chimchar and am going to name him Tajine, I thought an African dish would work well since he's a monkey. Leveled up Tajine a bit on Route 201 and caught the next member of the party, a level 2 Impish Starly named Confit!

After making my way to Jubilife and talking to Looker, I wanted to train just a bit incase I had any battles to do in the trainer school, getting Tajine to level 9 and Confit to level 7. I also taught Confit TM27 Return.
    Getting ready for Roark, I caught and trained up a Machop I named Sirloin and I also evolved Tajine. I was able to one shot Roark, Mach Punching everything but Sirloin did need to come on and finish off his Cranidos.

Tajine-Male-Quiet
    My First Sinnoh Journey!

Lvl 14
    Ember
    Scratch
    Leer
    Mach Punch

Confit-Male-Impish
    My First Sinnoh Journey!

Lvl 12
    Return
    Quick Attack
    Growl
    Wing Attack

Sirloin-Male-Relaxed-Quick Claw
    My First Sinnoh Journey!

Lvl 13
    Karate Chop
    Low Kick
    Foresight
    Focus Energy​

Last edited:
    Years
  • I have made it a few minutes into the game so far, I just wanted to get my starter before I play more tonight. I picked Chimchar and am going to name him Tajine, I thought an African dish would work well since he's a monkey. Leveled up Tajine a bit on Route 201 and caught the next member of the party, a level 2 Impish Starly named Confit!

After making my way to Jubilife and talking to Looker, I wanted to train just a bit incase I had any battles to do in the trainer school, getting Tajine to level 9 and Confit to level 7. I also taught Confit TM27 Return.

Tajine-Male-Quiet
    My First Sinnoh Journey!

Lvl 9
    Ember
    Scratch
    Leer
    Taunt

Confit-Male-Impish
    My First Sinnoh Journey!

Lvl 7
    Return
    Quick Attack
    Growl
    Tackle​

run's already looking solid. good luck with the rest of it! also just a heads up, i don't know if it's just on my side but your pokemon pics aren't showing.

Duck

🦆 quack quack
    Years
    • he, they
    • Seen Feb 23, 2023
    Starly is a good mon - one of the few viable derps, in my humble opinion. I also might be biased because I love its final evolution.

The pics also aren't showing up for me, which is weird since the links are indeed pointing to a picture. Curious.

Years
  • Hmm, I'll try different pictures then, wanted to use the Platinum sprites.

Starly is a good mon - one of the few viable derps, in my humble opinion. I also might be biased because I love its final evolution.

The pics also aren't showing up for me, which is weird since the links are indeed pointing to a picture. Curious.

I tried some new pictures, can you see them?

Last edited:

Duck

🦆 quack quack
    Years
    • he, they
    • Seen Feb 23, 2023
    They're showing normally now, including the ones quoted in Roni's post. Maybe it was a problem with Bulbapedia's servers or something?

Years
  • After beating Roark, I headed to Floaroma and Confit evolved on the way there. Got the next team member in valley windworks, Escargot the Shellos! I put the Quick Claw on Shellos since I wont be keeping Sirloin on the team long term. Took care of Mars in the valley windworks and headed to Eterna city. Picked up another team member, Duxelles the Budew. Not much happened, took the long ass Route 205 and then went straight to Gardenia once I got to Eterna and clapped her cheeks with Confit!

Tajine-Male-Quiet
    My First Sinnoh Journey!

Lvl 20
    Mach Punch
    Flame Wheel
    Scratch
    Leer

Confit-Male-Impish
    My First Sinnoh Journey!

Lvl 22
    Wing Attack
    Return
    Quick Attack
    Double Team

Escargot-Female-Bashful-Quick Claw
    My First Sinnoh Journey!

Lvl 15
    Water Pulse
    Mud Bomb
    Harden
    Mud Sport

Duxelles-Male-Relaxed
    My First Sinnoh Journey!

Lvl 16
    Mega Drain
    Growth
    Stun Spore
    Worry Seed

Sirloin-Male-Relaxed
    My First Sinnoh Journey!

Lvl 14
    Karate Chop
    Low Kick
    Focus Energy
    Foresight

Last edited:
    Years
  • After Gardenia, I went to Wayward Cave to help out the child, I forgot her name, and to get Gible. I name Gible, Loco Moco, a delicious Hawaiian comfort food, and gave her the Quick Claw because her nature sucks. Went and did the Glactic Tower and almost wiped on Jupiter, Duxelles coming in clutch. That was the first fight I had a hard time on but I was pretty nervous about Fantina. Shouldn't have been though, cheeks = clapped. Here's a team update and we're moving on to the fourth gym. MVP for Fantina was Confit and Double Team and for the fight I brought: Tajine, Confit, and Escargot.

Tajine-Male-Quiet
    My First Sinnoh Journey!

Lvl 24
    Mach Punch
    Flame Wheel
    Scratch
    Leer

Escargot-Female-Bashful-Exp Share
    My First Sinnoh Journey!

Lvl 23
    Water Pulse
    Mub Bomb