• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] My rom hack's Fakemon and Variants

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 12, 2024
just 21 sprites I made for a rom hack I am working on. Sadly I can't do backs, and I have been trying.
0rGoOmS.png

So figured I would showcase what I have made so far and hopefully find someone who may also be willing to help at the same time.

The region itself is based on Canada (My home and native land) And I went with regional variants of the kanto Starters for the starter pokemon. I did make a mistake on typing though as I only later realized that both Bulb and Squirtle lines have a 4x weakness to one of Chaizard's types, secondary typees were suppose to be a reverse trangle Rock>Flying>Fighting as opposed to Fire<Water<Grass

Its okay though as I have some early game electric to balance that out.

Primape was tehe first one I did a few years back (like 2017, Abra line following shortly after and then i did Mankey) The newest is the Spinirak line (Wanted a Bug/Dark since it has not yet been used)
Dugcinco took almost no time since i knew what i was looking for, and really it was not a hard edit) Choking took a long while, but turned out beautiful.

And then the last one is Apogee, was once the final form of fire starter rom hack i did, like 10 years ago (back when Black and white were still new). it was edited to look cleaner as my skills did improve and it fits in he 64x64 box now.

(One final note, Venasaur originally had colours to the birds, (Blue, Red and Yellow. Reference to the legendary birds). They were removed as it felt like a bit too much, blue added another colour to the already tight 16 colour limit. So i just went with black silhouettes)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 12, 2024
letting people know I am aware that this is untitled. I messed up when posting and i cannot edit until I have made 5 posts.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Oct 11, 2023
These are all really cool, but my favorite is Choking. The art is clean and the name fits so well without even trying. I have a hard time seeing what makes the Squirtle line fighting type, they look very rock type to me, but the sprites are still well done.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 12, 2024
These are all really cool, but my favorite is Choking. The art is clean and the name fits so well without even trying. I have a hard time seeing what makes the Squirtle line fighting type, they look very rock type to me, but the sprites are still well done.

Yeah i see the problem with the squirtle line. But i had already done vena and zard. I didn't want to just copy insurgence's look, or fall into the TMNT trope joke.

The shell.is meant to just be a snapping turtle shell but it is very "rock-looking"
Would probably need to done by a better editor than myself.

Choking was fun. Originally was dark/poison with over 600 BST. Now he has been dropped down to a solid 600, and mono poison. Weezing has been one of my favorite poison types since i was little, even though he is pretty janky. Choking makes him better.

Last edited:
Back