• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

need help with pkmn team

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    hey guys (;

i love playing pokemon and i've been playing since i had a gbc
    i've been investing much time in my platinum and diamond versions, and i'm am building a team that i pretend to use to battle some of my friends and to have fun
    my intention is to make a sweeper team, with a main focus at the attack and special attack, but with a nice resistance
    i've chosen five pokemons, but i still need to choose one more to complete the team, and i was counting on your help so i could do it
    all the pokemons i'll list above are fully ev trained and at level 100, and you'll see some pretty nice iv as well... (yeah, i spent some good time with this)

Crobat
    Inner Focus
    -Shadow Ball
    -Sludge Bomb
    -Aerial Ace
    -Steel Wing
    hp 330
    att 253
    def 190
    sat 156
    sde 192
    spe 392
    he's fast, with nice mives from different types

Exeggutor

Chlorophyll
    -Synthesis
    -Leaf Storm
    -Sunny Day
    -Psychic
    hp 366
    att 189
    def 210
    sat 380
    sde 173
    spe 157
    i love this one, and he's got a nice special attack

Snorlax
    Thick Fat
    -Giga Impact
    -Earthquake
    -Superpower
    -Fire Punch
    hp 482
    att 277
    def 185
    sat 135
    sde 276
    spe 146
    a speedy snorlax, have you guys seen it before? ;D

Heracross
    Guts
    -Close Combat
    -Megahorn
    -Earthquake
    -Stone Edge
    hp 299
    att 383
    def 183
    sat 90
    sde 223
    spe 268
    high attack + stab for megahorn and close combat

Lanturn
    Volt Absorb
    -Hydro Pump
    -Rain Dance
    -Thunder
    -Rest
    hp 438
    att 1123
    def 149
    sat 255
    sde 185
    spe 203
    this one cover some of my weakness, it's got a nice hydro pump and the famouse "raindance+thunder"

i don't want to use any legendary to complete my team, and i have time and patience to catch/breed/trade/train any pokemon if it's going to be for the best of my party

this is it
    what i'm asking for is a tip to pick up another pokemon, but any suggestions of changes (in the moves or even the pokemons) would be accepted pretty well

thanks ;*
    (and sorry for any misspelling error i may have had, english is not my native language :x)

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
    Well,
    Your team as I can see is well constructed although it may need a few minor adjusments to make it even better.
    1. Crobat
    Crobats moves are good but I suggest to remove or change Shadow Ball for a move with a staus effect in order to try and put your opponent out of place. Keep sludge bomb and replace steel wing for mean look or toxic. Mean look is great if you wantto catch those pesky fleeing legendaries like Mesprit and Cresellia! Toxic is great for chopping your opposition team one by one. Watch out though, Crobat has pretty low defence so work on its speed, so if it is facing a strong pokemon with a high attack stat, at least your crobat can strike first and do damafge before it may faint.

2. Excgutor (Sorry for spelling)
    WOW! Great moves but just one thing I would like to mention is maybe replacing Sunny Day with Hypnosis, bit its your choice either way this pokemon is sure to help you alot! :) Great Work!

3.Snorlax
    This is a good choice but I suggest removing Super power and Fire punch and maybe replacing it with Rest, Dynamic Punch, Ice Punch, Hyper Beam. The rest of the moves are great and try and work on tis defence as snorlax is good at blocking damage. Rest is Ideal if your opponent finally gets snorlax's health down, and then you can use rest to boot it right up again! BUT in order to do this SAFELY you will need to improve his defence to defend against the back to back attacks. Great work on this one too! =D
    4. Heracross
    Is perfect, excelent! Fantastic moves good attack and defense and speed Well Done!
    5. Lanturn needs improvement though, I would strongly suggest changing rest with charge, or surf, better if its charge so it can boost Thunders power and rain dance is good for the exaxct same thing for hydro pump! Great team!
    Just one more thing though, your missing one pokemon you only have 5. Anyway great team, Overall 8.5/10!

Last edited:
    Years
    Just one more thing though, your missing one pokemon you only have 5. Anyway great team, Overall 8.5/10!

thank you for the rating, but the thing about the missing pokemon is what i first wrote in the thread: i post this here because i need a suggestion about what pokemon should i pick to complete the team

1. Crobat
    Crobats moves are good but I suggest to remove or change Shadow Ball for a move with a staus effect in order to try and put your opponent out of place. Keep sludge bomb and replace steel wing for mean look or toxic. Mean look is great if you wantto catch those pesky fleeing legendaries like Mesprit and Cresellia! Toxic is great for chopping your opposition team one by one. Watch out though, Crobat has pretty low defence so work on its speed, so if it is facing a strong pokemon with a high attack stat, at least your crobat can strike first and do damafge before it may faint.

here's the thing, shadow ball is a nice ghost move, the only ghost move in my team
    imo it is good to have a ghost move to take down some strong psychic pokemon, since only bug ghost and dark are super effective aginst them and i have no dark moves in the team

about the steel wing, the same thing: the only steel move in my team, and it would be good to take some ice pokemons, since one of my team's weakness is ice

besides all of that, i boost his speed as much as i could, and i don't like status move, i like causing damage xD
    it's kind of a way i prefer to play, but thanks anyway

2. Excgutor (Sorry for spelling)
    WOW! Great moves but just one thing I would like to mention is maybe replacing Sunny Day with Hypnosis, bit its your choice either way this pokemon is sure to help you alot! :) Great Work!

the thing about sunny day is that it boosts exeggutor's speed due to the chlorophyll (exeggutor's ability), and it also boosts the synthesis (i love it, got it from breeding with a venusaur 8D)

3.Snorlax
    This is a good choice but I suggest removing Super power and Fire punch and maybe replacing it with Rest, Dynamic Punch, Ice Punch, Hyper Beam. The rest of the moves are great and try and work on tis defence as snorlax is good at blocking damage. Rest is Ideal if your opponent finally gets snorlax's health down, and then you can use rest to boot it right up again! BUT in order to do this SAFELY you will need to improve his defence to defend against the back to back attacks. Great work on this one too! =D

super power is a really powerful fighting move, combine with snorlax's attack it can make a nice damage, plus the fighting type moves are super effective against 5 different types (including steel pokemon, and those are pretty hard to kill)

fire punch is my only fire type move and i don't have any other pokemon that can learn a nice fire type move ;/

the thing about rest and using snorlax as a tanker is out of question, as i said in the thread, all my pokemons are mainly sweepers, offenders not defenders
    again, this is just the way i prefer to play... though i agree that a snorlax with a better defence with rest would be an amazing tanker...

4. Heracross
    Is perfect, excelent! Fantastic moves good attack and defense and speed Well Done!

thank you, thank you very much. i tried to get the best i could from it's stab moves and the stone edge move is to avoid flying pokemons, heracross's weakness

5. Lanturn needs improvement though, I would strongly suggest changing rest with charge, or surf, better if its charge so it can boost Thunders power and rain dance is good for the exaxct same thing for hydro pump! Great team!

now, lanturn is a problem, is not a good water pokemon and not the best electric pokemon either.
    but it was the only pokemon that could learn a strong damage-dealing water move (hydro pump) and a electric one (thunder)
    the rain dance makes the thunder to hit 100% of the times, and the rest allows lanturn to make the best of it's high hp
    lanturn is the closest pokemon of a taker that a have in my team

overall, thank you for the reply ;D
    kisses ;*

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2021
    Try a fire type, either typhlosion or magmortar. Typhlosion can learn eruption, which is the strongest fire attack, but he learns it through the move rememberer.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back