• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] The First Journey & Red's Journey West v.10

AenaonDusky

DeliveryBoy
Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    Hello everyone, a huge update, v.10, is now out!

Here is a sample of what has changed. Full changelog below.

poPrY6e.png

~

kHQmbhp.png

~

rlm8lSF.png

~

Lw8giPK.png

Complete Changelog:
    Spoiler:

I would like to thank everyone for their contributions, assets, and testing. I hope you have a great time!

AenaonDusky

DeliveryBoy
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    TFJRJW has been updated to 10. 1

Changelog:
    Spoiler:

AenaonDusky

DeliveryBoy
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    up to what gen does the game have?

Ah, I believe someone answered you on the discord, but I will leave it here for convenience: It's Gen 1, Gen2, and their subsequent evolutions (up to gen 9), including mons from later gens that would have originally been included in the Beta Johto dex.

AenaonDusky

DeliveryBoy
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    Is nature is taken into consideration during battle too?

Natures are almost unnecessary in the first part, which is rather easy. In the second part, nature advantage is not something that will give you significant edge.

In both parts, all event mons have fixed beneficial natures.

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
  • Well, after nearly two years of playing the initial release, I finally got around to playing 10.1 and my lord am I impressed! TFJ has been in my top 5 favorite fangames of all time, and I genuinely thought it could not get any better than what I played back then! I love how Kurt and Fuji are actually given a little backstory via flashbacks in Oak's childhood as compared to the previous releases where they were mere hinted at it as rival scientists that could possibly affect Oak's plan at setting up a league. I'm currently at Cerulean city. Cheers to you and your team for giving us all a quality game to play!

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
  • Sorry for the double post, but I came across this oddity. I am assuming he's supposed to run off, but e's still there when I back tracked. https://ibb.co/m8kY9gL

EDIT: I have gathered all the gym leaders into Silph co, may I know where John and the gang are so I can test them? Thanks!

Last edited:

AenaonDusky

DeliveryBoy
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    Well, after nearly two years of playing the initial release, I finally got around to playing 10.1 and my lord am I impressed! TFJ has been in my top 5 favorite fangames of all time, and I genuinely thought it could not get any better than what I played back then! I love how Kurt and Fuji are actually given a little backstory via flashbacks in Oak's childhood as compared to the previous releases where they were mere hinted at it as rival scientists that could possibly affect Oak's plan at setting up a league. I'm currently at Cerulean city. Cheers to you and your team for giving us all a quality game to play!

Thanks a lot for your kind words, sorry I couldn't reply earlier

Sorry for the double post, but I came across this oddity. I am assuming he's supposed to run off, but e's still there when I back tracked. https://ibb.co/m8kY9gL

EDIT: I have gathered all the gym leaders into Silph co, may I know where John and the gang are so I can test them? Thanks!

Yeah, this is a weird persistent bug that I will attempt to re-fix in the next version.
    Everyone should be in their respective Gyms (Viridian, Pewter and Vermillion), but I assume you will also have to complete other Missions around the same time as a prerequisite (if you cant find them in their gyms)

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
  • Hey, so I came across a bug in the post game. i am speaking of the part where you play as Giovanni. If you enter the Pokémon mansion and try to exit, the game gets stuck in a loop where you cannot move.

Edit: Please tell me that there are other ways to defeat chuck and not just relying on a Shuckle xD

Last edited:

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
  • Sorry for double posting, but I have reached the part in Red's journey where I am dealing with the pipe puzzle in Slowpoke's well, and I am having a hard time solving it. Can someone please guide me? Thank you!

EDIT: SOLVED

Last edited:
    Days
    • Seen Aug 9, 2023
    So I kind of softlocked myself at the beginning of Red's Journey West by catching a Magnemite with the one ultra ball given to me. Is there a way to get another ball without having that and Shuckle up to insane levels to progress past Jasmine?

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
  • So, I finally finished this game and I must say, it was an absolute treat. Personally, I loved the Oak arc the most, and with the slew of updates it has undergone in the last two years, it truly was worth revisiting. I did enjoy Red's journey West for a variety of reasons as well which I shall get to. My only gripe with RJW was the humor in certain segments that kind of threw me out of the immersion such as the fart jokes, it was hilarious the first time but after a point it did get a bit annoying, not to mention some of the mini games being a mash-athon of buttons. That aside, the writing as well as the re-introduction of older characters was wonderfully done! Especially Green's bond with Red developing as more than a snobby rival that we were introduced to in the canon games. I am so pumped to play the sequel and the prequel as well of the post scriptum series! Hats off to you and your team!

Last edited:
    Back