• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] The First Journey & Red's Journey West v.10

AenaonDusky

DeliveryBoy
Years
    • Seen today
    So, I finally finished this game and I must say, it was an absolute treat. Personally, I loved the Oak arc the most, and with the slew of updates it has undergone in the last two years, it truly was worth revisiting. I did enjoy Red's journey West for a variety of reasons as well which I shall get to. My only Grip with RJW was the humor in certain segments that kind off threw me out of the immersion such as the fart jokes, it was hilarious the first time but after a point it did get a bit annoying, not to mention some of the mini games being a mash-athon of buttons. That aside, the writing as well as the re-introduction of older characters was wonderfully done! Especially Green's bond with Red developing as more than a snobby rival that we were introduced to in the canon games. I am so pumped to play the sequel and the prequel as well of the post scriptum series! Hats off to you and your team!

Thanks a lot for your continued support - along with some text fixes, I will follow your feedback for the next version. Have fun playing the Main Game!

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
  • Thanks a lot for your continued support - along with some text fixes, I will follow your feedback for the next version. Have fun playing the Main Game!

Don't mention! Glad to have been of help! I forgot to mention this in the feedback that I gave you,. I suggest you include a save prompt before the waiter mini game in olivine city as you cannot save during the minigame, and when I reset the game i lost a good chunk of progress. Hope this helps!

AenaonDusky

DeliveryBoy
    Years
    • Seen today
    So I kind of softlocked myself at the beginning of Red's Journey West by catching a Magnemite with the one ultra ball given to me. Is there a way to get another ball without having that and Shuckle up to insane levels to progress past Jasmine?

Sorry, I saw this way later than I should have - If you are still having issues, please send me your savefile.

nice thx for all the hard time put in the dev

Thank you for playing.

TFJRJW Version 10.2 is out.
    Changelog:

Spoiler:

AenaonDusky

DeliveryBoy
    Years
    • Seen today
    TFJRJW has been updated to 10.3

This update is a kind of hotfix update, patching a very embarassing tile priority bug in National Park, and fixing a minor stairs bug.

Last edited:

AenaonDusky

DeliveryBoy
    Years
    • Seen today
    TFJRJW has been updated to v10.4

This update has been brought to you by DemICE's hard work to improve the AI, which will now play both more consistently, and intelligently. Every previously known bug (and some more) in regards to the battle system has been fixed. If you find anything, please leave a report.
    =========================================

TFJRJW has been updated to v10.5
    Hotfixed a v18 issue switching pokemon issue that came up with the new AI

Last edited:
    Days
    • Seen Dec 21, 2023
    I am having a wonderfull time with this game. I absolutly love your approach to the setting. Minor bug I encounter: When I use ether in battle, a "exception: NameError" comes up. "Undefined local variable or method 'ret' for nil:NilClass" Ehter works as one would expect otherwise though. I also seem unable to change the settings to make battle style Switch. I am currently trying to beat the trainer-pile up that wait for you north of Saffron city and I am absolutly stuck. Using up all my healing items, all the cheap tactics I can think off and all the rare candy's and more grinding then I had back when I went clubbing, I am incapable of going past the Leader and his universal move-first OKO farfetched. Is there anything I am missing or will I just have to keep grinding my lapras till it outspeeds so I can perish song and hope I have enough in my party to sacrifice to the Acrobatics onslaught?

Days
    • Seen Oct 24, 2023
    I am getting a black screen every time I try to play on full screen or any other resolution beside the default tiny one. I tried some other rpgxp Pokémon game and some of them don't have this issue any way I can fix that issue with this game?

AenaonDusky

DeliveryBoy
    Years
    • Seen today
    I am having a wonderfull time with this game. I absolutly love your approach to the setting. Minor bug I encounter: When I use ether in battle, a "exception: NameError" comes up. "Undefined local variable or method 'ret' for nil:NilClass" Ehter works as one would expect otherwise though. I also seem unable to change the settings to make battle style Switch. I am currently trying to beat the trainer-pile up that wait for you north of Saffron city and I am absolutly stuck. Using up all my healing items, all the cheap tactics I can think off and all the rare candy's and more grinding then I had back when I went clubbing, I am incapable of going past the Leader and his universal move-first OKO farfetched. Is there anything I am missing or will I just have to keep grinding my lapras till it outspeeds so I can perish song and hope I have enough in my party to sacrifice to the Acrobatics onslaught?

Hello, and thank you for your kind words. The new update has forced battle mode to Set. But it's worth considering if this should be enabled for Sam's part. If you are still having issues getting through the gauntlet, you can send me your savefile so I can raise your levels (although I believe you can find other ways around it).

I am getting a black screen every time I try to play on full screen or any other resolution beside the default tiny one. I tried some other rpgxp Pokémon game and some of them don't have this issue any way I can fix that issue with this game?

I can't replicate this bug. Double-check if you are using the latest version, and if you aren't, select the smallest resolution, save, and then open up the newest version and try changing the resolution once you are in-game. (So not on the title/loading screen options)

Can someone tell me where SISYPHUS is?

All your assistants are in the lab room. Sisyphus is next to the table.

TFJRJW has been updated to 10.6

This should take care of the remaining AI bugs that showed up during three specific battles. Now the only reported bug left to fix is the Ether in-battle usage bug. This will be taken care of later down the line, due to its unimportance.

Days
    • Seen Dec 21, 2023
    Actually, I think I found the play,
    Spoiler:

AenaonDusky

DeliveryBoy
    Years
    • Seen today
    Actually, I think I found the play,
    Spoiler:

If you happen to have further difficulties with that particular fight, hit me up. Team composition might be the core issue.

TFJRJW has been updated to 10.7
    This version fixes a battle whose moveset caused an error (Chuck's Gym).

Days
    • Seen Nov 17, 2023
    I'm at the end of the game (Red's journey)
    Spoiler:

AenaonDusky

DeliveryBoy
    Years
    • Seen today
    Hey guys any really strong OP team ideas for the final battle with ethan

Spoiler:

I'm at the end of the game (Red's journey)
    Spoiler:

You don't need to do anything except for
    Spoiler:

AenaonDusky

DeliveryBoy
    Years
    • Seen today
    TFJRJW has been updated to v10.9.

This should take care of all AI-related crashing issues, that happened when a Trainer had to sent out a mon that had entry hazard moves. Please update!

AenaonDusky

DeliveryBoy
    Years
    • Seen today
    TFJRJW has been updated to v10.10.

Some players have been getting more issues with certain battles, I have reverted the AI script back to the vanilla one, so there won't be any battle issues anymore. I'll get back to figuring this out after the Main Game releases.

- Reverted back to vanilla AI script, until next update
    - Fixed a couple minor tile issues

Days
    • Seen Dec 21, 2023
    I absolutly love this game, it should be seen as a testament to my enjoyment of the storytelling that I keep going despite the Walls that are well beyond my skill level. I don't love how difficult the first Ethan battle is, add to it the lack of healing items and max revives (I know, cheap tactic), overlevelling not being an option and the siginficant walk to get back to where you can switch moves to experiment with what might work, and this part will be a relief to finally finish. One of the tactics that I will have to abandon is Perish Song murkrow (quick claw luck is against me and it will not survive the first round, not even in one move so no OKO avoiding tactics would help) and stealtrock/Spikes tactics. Whenever I do a stealthrock or spikes move, I get an error message like below. It usually works (neglible damage even when stacked though) but sometimes it seems like the move or damadge just didn't register. You did amazing work with the setting and lore, but hot darn would I love to just use cheat codes at this point. Time to backtrack again and see if Rollout-Hardstone chuckie is gonna do me some good, and then figure out what the heck is supposed to be done about the second battle. (being able to rebattle the second battle with a healed team instead of blacking out and going trough the first one would have been great too).

1702953546149.png

AenaonDusky

DeliveryBoy
    Years
    • Seen today
    I absolutly love this game, it should be seen as a testament to my enjoyment of the storytelling that I keep going despite the Walls that are well beyond my skill level. I don't love how difficult the first Ethan battle is, add to it the lack of healing items and max revives (I know, cheap tactic), overlevelling not being an option and the siginficant walk to get back to where you can switch moves to experiment with what might work, and this part will be a relief to finally finish. One of the tactics that I will have to abandon is Perish Song murkrow (quick claw luck is against me and it will not survive the first round, not even in one move so no OKO avoiding tactics would help) and stealtrock/Spikes tactics. Whenever I do a stealthrock or spikes move, I get an error message like below. It usually works (neglible damage even when stacked though) but sometimes it seems like the move or damadge just didn't register. You did amazing work with the setting and lore, but hot darn would I love to just use cheat codes at this point. Time to backtrack again and see if Rollout-Hardstone chuckie is gonna do me some good, and then figure out what the heck is supposed to be done about the second battle. (being able to rebattle the second battle with a healed team instead of blacking out and going trough the first one would have been great too).

Yikes, sorry you've run into this man. Download v10.10, and you wont meet this error anymore, until the new AI script is properly implemented.
    As you may understand, providing any healing between the Ethan fights would be against the whole situation from a story perspective - obviously you can cheat to heal but that isn't the point. However, backtracking to the move relearner is sadly a necessary evil, as this runs on an old version of Essentials, but I can for sure add move relearners on the pagoda where you rest on the last route. Thanks for the feedback.

As far as the strats go, there are quite a few ways to beat him. I don't remember many, people on the discord have come up with all sorts of stuff, but one thing is for sure, you will suffer if you dont bring Shuckle with you, as
    Spoiler: spoiler
    You can send me your save and I'll tailor your team to your specific needs btw, there is no point redoing the battle without a plan. Although the game should have made it easy to pick any mon and use a Balance Candy on it to bring it to lvl100, but the back and forth to make it use a good set can indeed be cumbersome. Just dm me your save here, or on discord, with a request for a mon you might need, and I'll get to it as soon as I can.

Back