• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Planned Black Team

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
    Years
    I played through Pokemon White with a good team, and now I'm doing so with Pokemon Black, but thought it would be fun with a completely different team. I'm also not using any legendaries at all to challenge myself. I'm not even switching Reshiram into my party when I catch him. When E4 time comes around, this will be my team:

Planned Black Team

Leaf Storm; Leaf Blade; X-Scissor; Cut

Planned Black Team

Psychic; Light Screen; Air Slash; Fly

Planned Black Team

Crunch; Surf; Blizzard; Rock Slide

Planned Black Team

Shadow Punch; Earthquake; Bulldoze; Strength

Planned Black Team

Brick Break; Focus Blast; Heat Crash; Flamethrower

Planned Black Team

Thunder Wave; Thunderbolt; Thunder; Stomp

If you can suggest any changes I could make that would make my team better, I would appreciate it. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Arma

The Hyena
    Years
    Well your team looks okay, half of it is weak to ground type attacks, but your leavanny should provide you with enough coverage against them. Just don't use multiple moves of the same type on a Pokemon, it's unnecessary.

I played through Pokemon White with a good team, and now I'm doing so with Pokemon Black, but thought it would be fun with a completely different team. I'm also not using any legendaries at all to challenge myself. I'm not even switching Reshiram into my party when I catch him. When E4 time comes around, this will be my team:

Planned Black Team

Swords Dance; Leaf Blade; X-Scissor; Shadow Claw
    Come on man, you only need Cut once in the game, and that's way before you're even able to catch her. Her special attack is appaling, however, she got high attack and access to Swords Dance.

Planned Black Team

Psychic; Charge Beam; Air Slash; Shadow Ball
    To tell you the truth, I'm not too fond of him, his stats are kinda lacking.

Planned Black Team

Earthquake; Waterfall; Shell Crush; Stone Edge
    Yet again, a physical attacker, though Surf is also viable combined with Shell Crush. Make sure you get one with Solid Rock though!

Planned Black Team

Shadow Punch; Earthquake; Hammer arm; Fly
    Surprise, Surprise, Golurk can learn Fly! combine it with his high Attack, and I doubt he'll let you down.

Planned Black Team

Flame Charge; Wild Charge; Hammer Arm; Earthquake/Stone Edge

Planned Black Team

Flame Charge; Wild Charge; Pursuit; Return

If you can suggest any changes I could make that would make my team better, I would appreciate it. Thanks in advance!
    Hope this helps you!

bwburke94

Forever Aspertia's Aspie
    Years
    Don't forget, when you catch Golett, make sure its ability is Iron Fist to boost its Shadow Punch. (You need to use move relearner for Shadow Punch, though.) Its other ability, Klutz, is useless on it as it disables held items.

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
    Years
    Don't forget, when you catch Golett, make sure its ability is Iron Fist to boost its Shadow Punch. (You need to use move relearner for Shadow Punch, though.) Its other ability, Klutz, is useless on it as it disables held items.

I actually bred an egg of a Golett in my Black and traded the egg over at the beginning of the game, including all the other non-starter Pokemon, so I could have a good team from the start.

Zeus2398

God
    Years
    Alright, I have a few suggestions, listed below. I like the team, needed minor/major tweaking, so I tweaked it quite a bit. I hope this helps!

Planned Black Team

Leaf Storm; Leaf Blade; X-Scissor; Cut

Hmmmmm, no, change the moves to something like this: Leaf Blade, X-Scissor, Poison Jab, Aerial Ace/Swords Dance would be a good moveset. Cut is useless, being used ONCE, in the entire game, and craptastic sp.atk means that Leaf Storm = Fail!

Planned Black Team

Psychic; Light Screen; Air Slash; Fly

Psychic is fine, as is Air Slash, and Light Screen if you like that kinda thing, but Fly is bad, instead, you could try Shadow Ball, and if you want a replacement for Light Screen, then you can't go wrong with Hidden Power or Charge Beam

Planned Black Team

Crunch; Surf; Blizzard; Rock Slide

Hmmm, he is physical, but Surf you have to keep, however Blizzard is NOT good, because of bad accuracy and sp.atk, maybe replace with Waterfall or Aqua Tail

Planned Black Team

Shadow Punch; Earthquake; Bulldoze; Strength

Ehhh, Golurk is a good choice, but Bulldoze is not good, keep Magnitude until you get Earthquake, then, um, you don't really need Strength, so Fly is a good replacement because of high atk. Heavy Slam is a great move to keep.

Planned Black Team

Brick Break; Focus Blast; Heat Crash; Flamethrower

Right, Brick Break is great, as is Flamethrower OR Heat Crash, however Flare Blitz is a superior choice, replace either Flamethrower/Heat Crash with Scald. Instead of Focus Blast, go with Wild Charge or Return.

Planned Black Team

Thunder Wave; Thunderbolt; Thunder; Stomp

Now then, with Zebstrika, go with something like Wild Charge, Flame Charge, Return, and I suppose, if you like Thunder Wave, it could work, or Pursuit, if you want rounded moves

Simplified, that means:

Leavanny: Leaf Blade, X-Scissor, Poison Jab, Aerial Ace/Swords Dance

Swoobat: Psychic, Air Slash, Shadow Ball, Light Screen/Hidden Power/Charge Beam

Carracosta: Surf, Crunch, Rock Slide, Waterfall/Aqua Tail

Golurk: Shadow Punch, Earthquake, Fly, Heavy Slam

Emboar: Flare Blitz, Brick Break, Scald, Return/Wild Charge

Zebstrika: Wild Charge, Flame Charge, Return, Thunder Wave/Pursuit

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
    Years
    OK, now based on all of your suggestions, my own research, my own personal preferences, and my needs at the point I'm at in the game (just beat the Elite Four, navigating through early parts of post-game), here is my team, with my own justifications for some moves you suggested I remove:

Emboar: Giga Impact; Hammer Arm; Heat Crash; Flamethrower
    Having both Heat Crash and Flamethrower is useful because I have the advantage against both heavyweights and lightweights that are weak to fire. Giga Impact is a powerful physical move, and Emboar has a very high Attack stat.

Carracosta: Waterfall; Shell Smash; Surf; Stone Edge
    Most of this is self-explanatory in my opinion. I need Surf regardless if he is a physical attacker for navigation. Plus, his special attack actually isn't that bad.

Leavanny: Swords Dance; Leaf Blade; X-Scissor; Shadow Claw
    Pretty much any Grass, Water, Ground, Psychic, or Dark-type Pokemon is dead with this moveset, and Ghost is at least near dead thanks to Shadow Claw, even without STAB.

Swoobat: Psychic; Energy Ball; Air Slash; Shadow Ball
    Everything here was explained in the above posts except Energy Ball, which is good if I'm up against a Rock-type with Swoobat, which Swoobat is weak to. Relatively high special attack makes up for lack of STAB.

Golurk: Earthquake; Shadow Punch; Fly; Strength
    Everything here was explained in the above posts. I need Strength at this point in the game; I might replace it with something else before fighting Cynthia and rematching the E4.

Zebstrika: Wild Charge; Flame Charge; Return; Thunderbolt
    I taught him Thunderbolt because his special attack isn't too bad, not much lower than his attack, and I can still use that if he's low on HP without having to worry about the recoil of Wild Charge.

Back