• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

platinum team advice

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2011
    i have a team on platinum... it's missing a lot.
    infernape-lvl 52
    staraptor- lvl 50
    kadabra (soon alakazam)-lvl 50
    roserade- lvl 46.
    I am planning to ditch my roserade. I heard you could get lvl 48 gibiles on victory rd., but I'm not sure whether to add garchomp or giratina to my team. I have no idea on what other strong pokemon would complement my team. Are, there any strong water pokemon still left, like a lvl.50 milotic or something. (other than a gyarados) I was thinking about getting an ice pokemon rather than a water, but someone told me this was a bad idea. any suggestions would be helpful...

Edit: Would a magnezone also be good to replace my roserade.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 19, 2011
    Personally, I currently just restarted my game and am almost at the first e4 again. Decided to use Infernape as my starter.

Anyway, I use a Roserade and its great so I'm keeping it. You could try an Electivire instead of Magnezone. It has massive attack and a good moveset.

Use a water pokemon, not ice because ice has too many weaknesses. For water types, maybe Tentacruel or Milotic should do the job but Milotic takes forever to get.

My current team is:
    Infernape
    Garchomp
    Electivire
    Milotic
    Gardevoir
    Roserade

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2011
    advice

I don't know, an electivire just seems kind of overused (not overrated). I don't really have a wall anyway. I think I'll have want a gyarados as my water.. I ditched mine a long time ago just because it was flying but is there anywhere i can get one at about level 50 or so. Could I still have a strong team without a water pokemon. Or would it be better to substitute a water pokemon for roserade.

Back