• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Game Idea] Pokémon Prevenire/Tabula Rasa/Exigo [Huge WIP]

Should I plan on releasing a playable Demo/Demos

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Vxpor

Vxpor
Years
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    Pokémon Prevenire/Tabula Rasa/Exigo [Huge WIP]

THERE WILL BE TWO VERSIONS OF THIS GAME! ONE WILL BE A DARKER STORY, WHILE THE OTHER BEING IN A MORE TRADITIONAL STORY!

Pokémon Tabula Rasa, inspired by Reborn and Insurgence, is a story driven fangame with 2 brand new regions!
    - The Anphelio Region, inspired by the word aphelion (or the point in the orbit of a planet, asteroid, or comet at which it is furthest from the sun). This region has a lot of similarities with it's name, as it is a snow covered tundra with little to no civilization. Mostly covered by routes and forests, this region gives you a lot of training and time to meet new faces who help to get you back to your once held glory. Many Pokémon from all over the world have descended from this region and here, you can find many of their different, undiscovered versions of themselves. These Pokémon are often shy and haven't come in contact with many humans. However, the ones that find civilization or Human population, get along with them very well.

- The Pansperma Region is the mainland. The region flooded with tourists and Human population. This has really drove out Pokémon in these parts, especially near cities. As you go on throughout the region, you find power hungry corporations out for control over the region. To do this however, they need the most powerful trainers to be able to drive out all Pokémon in sight. In which doing so, makes room for more people in come in, leading to more money and power in the corporations. Here, you will find out who you truly were in the past and you may have to power your way through to get what you want for yourself and the Pokémon at stake. The sheer number of variety in Pokémon, people, and places you find along the way is incredible. This region has everything a person could ask for and is the reason why it's a huge tourist attraction.

Story
    The game opens with you in a dark room with one other person. The person in question is a defectant researcher trying to help you return to safety. However, this researcher is undisclosed and nameless. He found you without anything. No Pokémon, no items, nothing, just you and your empty bag. He informs you that he and his fellow researchers and doctors were tasked with wiping your memory. He however, kept in on him and knew the potential you had to destroy Pokémon as we know it. He also tells you that you were the champion of the Pansperma region for 14 years. He says you that you were unmatched, beating legends like Red, Gold, and Hilbert without even breaking a sweat. As you hear a loud sound at the door, he tells you that there isn't much time left and he can't say too much. There is an urgent situation where the evil agency (Name still a WIP) has sent a task force to retrieve you and only you, dead or alive with no witnesses. He gives you a lead on where to go next as the task force breaks in and storms the building. He tells you to hide and not to worry about him. After this, you hear nothing. Fast forward 2 months, you are in a mysterious lab set in space above the planet. This gives the agency maximum security of you and their plans. The guards tell you that they have been closely watching the news and most of the Region presumes you are dead. The player is tasked with finding their way out, and taking down the agency at any cost, dead or alive.

The Protagonists
    NOT ALL ART HERE IS OFFICIAL
    In the beginning of the game, you have the opportunity to choose from six different characters, three being male and three being female.

Carter is your average kid. He is a very social kid, however he isn't very popular around town. He gets bored and wants a change in his life. He goes out and tells everyone that he'll prove them wrong. And so he does. He goes on to win back to back championship titles, crushing anyone he comes in contact with. But with great power, comes great responsibility. The fame got to his head and he took a turn for the worst, developing fear of losing his title, and always wondering how the media would react to a loss from him.

Leo is the popular kid. He grew up under a very wealthy family and is known around the block. He grew up with both his parents when his dad purchased a new boat. He went out with some pals and said he would be back and in a week. A week turned into a month, which turned into several months, and then turned into a year. Leo got very worried very quickly and began the search. He asked everywhere around town, but to no avail. He knew the Pokémon league was accepting and he would make the perfect fit. Leo had already been a trainer before and took some of his father's prized Pokémon with him. He eventually became an Elite 4 Trainer, and then champion along with it, hoping it would get him publicity and his dad would hear it and come back some day.

Elias is the sporty kid. He didn't have a great inclining in Pokémon until a later he got towards his early teens. Elias wanted to pursue sports until he got a devastating ACL injury that ended his sports career. After recovery, his father wanted him to get out into the world again. His father before him, Roman, was a great champion many years ago when he was Elias's age. He got him into becoming a trainer and mentored him.

Chloe is your popular girl. She gets everything she wants and is friends with everyone at school. She got so much into the
    fame, that she wanted to put herself out there even more. The way she did this was by becoming a trainer. She climbed her way to the top and eventually became the champion! She only did it for popularity at first, but began to like it as her training days went on.

Bella is a classier girl who works a regular night shift. One day, a recruiter for a league team walks in to her bar and starts talking to her. As they chat, she finds out that he runs one of the top teams that just lost their best player. She immediately volunteers herself, but the guy doesn't believe she has the talent. She then takes him outside for a battle. After destroying him in a battle, he rethinks his decision and puts her on the roster. When she decimates her teammates at battle, she is made captain and continues to make her tear through both regions.

Elena was always the punk, in your face kind of girl. She always wanted to fight with anybody that got in her way. She didn't really care for school that much and didn't talk to a lot of people. When she left to become a trainer, people were shocked to see this person they heard of from school climb all the way up basically from the shadows. She didn't talk very much after she became a trainer (mainly to keep it secret) and she wanted to focus on becoming a better version of her. She did however grow a softer side after becoming champion.

Story of the Two Regions
    Along the way you meet a strange professor who tells you he has seen you around before and knows your story. He brings you in and tells you that he knew the man who tried to save you from the (evil agency) and knows how to get your Pokémon back, your items however, are unobtainable. He plays as your guide and tells you the newest information on where your belongings are being held, along with the evil team's location. People throughout both regions will recognize you, but you will have no recollection on who they are or even who you are. The natives of both regions understand your godlike stature and will do anything to help you take back their region. This includes giving you tips, pointers, and even their own belongings. However, the Pansperma region's big cities are heavily guarded, so watch your step.

The Meaning Behind/Why I chose Tabula Rasa
    Tabula rasa, the latin word meaning a "clean slate" or "scraped tablet." The bigger picture/driving narrative in this game being starting over from scratch, or Tabula Rasa. I really wanted to make a game where you were previously the champion, where you have to go through the region have once did, with no recollection of anything the regions have to offer. I'm already planning to make a sequel and prequel to these games, which already have titles. Those being Pokémon Prevenire and Pokémon Exigo. Prevenire meaning before hand/To come to and Exigo meaning complete or finished. Pokémon Prevenire will be in the style of FRLG/RSE and Pokémon Exigo will be in the style of Gen 5. However, if I am going to make that happen, I will need a team to do so, which is why I will also be putting a similar thread in the Team Recruitment channel. So if you are interested in making music, sound designs, scripting, or sprites, comment here/on the team recruitment page and/or message me directly.

Screenshot Showcase
    Spoiler:

Plans for the game
    - Fully custom music/Battle intros
    - Custom characters with backstories
    - *Hopefully* a character customization system (Don't count on that)
    - New mega evolutions
    - Custom Anphelio forms for over 100 Pokémon
    - Huge post game
    - Side quests galore!
    - New Pokémon that you discover throughout your journey (Not a final decision)
    - HMs as Items (Axe for Cut, exc.)

Current Features
    - 12 gyms (4 in Anphelio, 8 in Pansperma)
    - Stealth sections
    - Every Poké Gen 1-8 (IoA and Crown Tundra)
    - Mega Evolution
    - Past characters coming back!
    - Hidden Grottos
    - Customizable Secret bases
    - High Leveled Overworld Encounters
    - Following Pokémon (Thanks mej71)
    - Different maps/events depending on the season
    - Fast forward (Thanks Marin)

Credits list so far
    Spoiler:

Notes
    This is a huge game idea I want to pursue and will probably need quite a team to pull it off. The game's full version won't be available to play in the near future, but we will get it done! I am currently the only one working on this game and I have been working on it for 4 months already! Any support for my huge project will be greatly appreciated! What I would be looking for is anything ranging from spriters to music makers!

Discord
    You can join the game's official discord Here

You can also contact the team by emailing [email protected] if you are interested in helping out!​

Last edited:

Vxpor

Vxpor
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    Bump: We are currently hosting a competition that will end on September 12th at 8 pm EST. This can be submitted with artwork, sprite work, or sketch! The top 3 winners of the contest will get a custom role in our server and a trainer in-game with the team and trainer sprite of your choice! We do have a theme for the legendary and the art contest will be themed after Space and time! You can join the public discord here: https://discord.gg/auB9H48 This is our main form of communication for updates!

Years
  • Even before I read the backstory section, I really like the name you settled on for this game, especially because the events in the game are writing your story on an initially empty slate.

Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2023
    How'd you get the name Tabula Rasa? It reminds me of that one postgame area in Reborn. Just curious, is all!

Back