• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Platinum hack: Pokémon Re:Platinum - Beta

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2024

Pokémon Re:Platinum Beta

Concept

This is my first RomHack. I'm mostly working for fun, but I wanted to try to make a "rebalancing" hack (similar to Drayano's hacks, but a lot less ambitious). As such, no changes to the story have been made, nor are planned to be made. Don't expect perfect balancing, everyone is OU material, or something similar. It's just for fun.

Features

• The most substantial change is that the entire Platinum Sinnoh RegionalDex has been changed to learn more moves, different evolutions, type changes, etc.
    • The type chart has been changed. This is detailed in a .txt file with the download.
    • Moves have been updated in terms of power, accuracy, and PP to comply with gen VIII. Some moves have been further changed, detailed in another .txt file with the download.
    • Planned features include: Making most Pokémon available before Sunyshore, changing trainer battles, Gym leaders and Elite Four double battles.

Screenshots

Pokémon Re:Platinum - Beta

Custom Type Chart:
    Spoiler:

Credits

• Me - Almost everything
    • Drayano (indirect) - ROM Hacking Tool and Resource Collection and comparing scripts to fix the Secret Key.
    • aninymouse - Guide for editing the type chart.
    • The Cave of Dragonflies - For picture of custom type chart.
    • Tools used: Project Pokémon ROM Editor by SCV and Alpha (maybe more?), Nameless Move Editor by Vendor, and Wild Pokémon Editor DS by D-Trogh.

Bugs

• Breeding Unown with Ditto always results in Unown A.
    • I got a communication error in the underground, but couldn't recreate it.

Download

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Lmy4m5oeebvoj9cCJxM95sBvdp-bm2Gu/view?usp=sharing

Back