• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: Pokémon Rising Crystal [COMPLETED]

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Hi! This game is amazing, I've had so much fun with it. Really well done. :D I actually didn't mind the grind, the grass patches especially in each town give tonnes and you can buy lucky eggs in Goldenrod Dpt. Store. The only real struggle is the exp you need to level up for Falkner isn't really there, the pokemon you have access to are 6-8 but his pokemon go up to 16. Once I hit union cave, the grind was fine the rest of the game for me.

A couple of minor things: I did read the part about why Suicune was blocked til Red (to block Ho-oh game breaking), it was a surprise when I came back with level 98/9 pokemon to find it still level 40, the Snorlax blocking diglets cave is still level 50, there's a trainer on the route either 27 or 26, I think they have a farfetch'd? That's normal level as opposed to being up to level with the rest of the trainers/wild pokemon. There was one minor glitch where I rebattled Hiker Anthony (just before Slowpoke Well) and his pokemon were still level 9 but he had a machamp lol :D this was after several rebattles, my pokemon were way higher level but just letting you know.

I saw the question asked about the Latis and Cinnabar island, I was wondering about that too? I found the generator in the basement, but I cannot find the key anywhere, I ran repels and item finder on (I think) every screen in the mansion and couldnt find it, havent seen it anywhere else either.

Won the dev fight on the roof of Celadon mansion, the dialogue and the item given made me laugh XD havent won the dev fight the floor below yet :D

Again, this is a wonderful game and was a real joy to play, thank you so much :D

It's been a substantial amount of time since the hack released, so here's how to get the Lati twins and where to find the key to the basement generator:

-The Lati twins spawn on Cinnabar Island when you have the Enigma Stone, which you can receive from an NPC in Fuchsia City after beating Red.

-The location of the key is quite obscure and is a callback to the old Mew under the truck joke. After getting off the S.S Aqua at Vermilion City, there's a space to the right on the port before walking past the guard where you can surf. Head all the way to the right and there'll be a statue which has the key. Apologies if it was a bit obscure, but then again that was sort of the point, hehe.

Thank you all for enjoying the game, it's truly heartwarming to see when people post about it here every once in a while. Truly, I am grateful.

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2024
    It's been a substantial amount of time since the hack released, so here's how to get the Lati twins and where to find the key to the basement generator:

-The Lati twins spawn on Cinnabar Island when you have the Enigma Stone, which you can receive from an NPC in Fuchsia City after beating Red.

-The location of the key is quite obscure and is a callback to the old Mew under the truck joke. After getting off the S.S Aqua at Vermilion City, there's a space to the right on the port before walking past the guard where you can surf. Head all the way to the right and there'll be a statue which has the key. Apologies if it was a bit obscure, but then again that was sort of the point, hehe.

Thank you all for enjoying the game, it's truly heartwarming to see when people post about it here every once in a while. Truly, I am grateful.

Thank you so much! I picked up the enigma stone, its super late so will look to Cinnabar tomorrow, can't wait! :D

Wanted to ask, have you done any other pokemon roms?

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    looks awesome
    Gonna try it!
    Little Question: it is possibile to make a full livingdex in this game?

Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2024
    Absolutely love this game crystal is my favourite so been enjoying this! Only just noticed it has a v1.5 version and I am currently playing v1, I'm unsure how to patch this when I select the file it comes up unsupported :( can anyone help at all please? Is it because I'm playing from my IPhone?

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Thank you so much! I picked up the enigma stone, its super late so will look to Cinnabar tomorrow, can't wait! :D

Wanted to ask, have you done any other pokemon roms?

This hack was my first ROM hack and it was definitely a learning experience. I'm working on something new, but it'll be quite a while before that's on the horizon. Hopefully people who enjoyed the first one will enjoy the second. Thanks for the support.

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023

Thank you for this! But I only got latios from cinnabar island via this method; latias is still not appearing. Is there a reason for this or is it just dependant on factors like player gender or whatever? Because I tried everything I could, aka bringing latios to my party, changing daytime, leaving the area and coming back, and nothing about latias still.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Thank you for this! But I only got latios from cinnabar island via this method; latias is still not appearing. Is there a reason for this or is it just dependant on factors like player gender or whatever? Because I tried everything I could, aka bringing latios to my party, changing daytime, leaving the area and coming back, and nothing about latias still.

Ah, my bad. It's been a while, so I was a bit foggy on the details. Cinnabar Island is where you find Latios, but you can find Latias in the Dragon's Den when you're carrying the Enigma Stone.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    I recently redownloaded this in case updates were done to the hack since I played last, and I got an alert saying it needed to be scanned for malware. It seems to have passed the scan though but you might wanna review the file to be safe.

Back