• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: Pokémon Serene Crystal (V1.5.4)

Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2024
    Reporting a minor glitch; after the monk at sprout tower has already given me the natu, he still will attempt to give it to me again if I talk to him again. I don't know if he actually will give it to me or if it just plays the text, but its an inconsistency.

Days
    • Seen Feb 10, 2024
    Hello, I really love this game so far! Could you please tell me how misdreavus evolves though? I can't find it in the docs. Thanks in advance

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
  • I am sorry if this may have been asked before, but is there any way I can get access to documentation for the stats if the newly added Pokémon? Thank you!

Days
    • she/her
    • Seen today
    I am sorry if this may have been asked before, but is there any way I can get access to documentation for the stats if the newly added Pokémon? Thank you!
    If you click on "Full Changelog" on the first post I made, there will be a section called "Pokemon Stat Changes" with all stat changes of newer Pokémon

Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2024
    Hello Peanutella! I just started playing your game, thanks for your work! I hope I'll like it, but the new sprites already look amazing :)

I just wanted to know if it was possible for you to make the changelog PDF downloadable, as at the moment, it is locked behind PDFfiller's paywall, which forbids download and stuff like ctrl+F. That makes it very unpleasant to navigate, even though it seems quite complete!

Thanks in advance and have a good day/night :)

Days
    • she/her
    • Seen today
    Hello Peanutella! I just started playing your game, thanks for your work! I hope I'll like it, but the new sprites already look amazing :)

I just wanted to know if it was possible for you to make the changelog PDF downloadable, as at the moment, it is locked behind PDFfiller's paywall, which forbids download and stuff like ctrl+F. That makes it very unpleasant to navigate, even though it seems quite complete!

Thanks in advance and have a good day/night :)
    Hello! Thank you so much for your interest. I hope you'll have a great gaming experience! I added a Google Drive download link, which both shows the PDF, and should allow downloads. If this still doesn't work, let me know and I'll find a different solution 😸

Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2024
    Hello! Thank you so much for your interest. I hope you'll have a great gaming experience! I added a Google Drive download link, which both shows the PDF, and should allow downloads. If this still doesn't work, let me know and I'll find a different solution 😸
    This is perfect, thank you!

Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2024
    Hey it's me again, I finished the game and it was great, thanks and well done! Especially loved the new foms and their sprites (that's usually the reason why I play hacks to begin with lol) as well as the full learnsets revamps (the Nidos getting Sludge Bomb and EQ by levelling up is very sweet for ewample). The updated type chart is cool as well, even though a little confusing as the start (just like any type chart change tbh).

I just have a few last questions:
    - how do you trigger the GS Ball event?
    - why are there no stairs on the first floor of the Tin Tower? Do you need the Rainbow Wing for them to appear?
    - where do you catch the Kanto Birds? Are they roaming in Kanto, like the Beasts are in Johto?
    - is there anything else to do post-game that I missed? I defeated Red and cleared the Cerulean Cave (nice addition btw), and I think that's all right?

Finally, I also wanted to know if you were interested in a few suggestions/bugs I had/noticed, and if so, I you'd like me to post that here or though PM.

Thanks again for your work on this game and best wishes for this year!

Days
    • she/her
    • Seen today
    Hey it's me again, I finished the game and it was great, thanks and well done! Especially loved the new foms and their sprites (that's usually the reason why I play hacks to begin with lol) as well as the full learnsets revamps (the Nidos getting Sludge Bomb and EQ by levelling up is very sweet for ewample). The updated type chart is cool as well, even though a little confusing as the start (just like any type chart change tbh).

I just have a few last questions:
    - how do you trigger the GS Ball event?
    - why are there no stairs on the first floor of the Tin Tower? Do you need the Rainbow Wing for them to appear?
    - where do you catch the Kanto Birds? Are they roaming in Kanto, like the Beasts are in Johto?
    - is there anything else to do post-game that I missed? I defeated Red and cleared the Cerulean Cave (nice addition btw), and I think that's all right?

Finally, I also wanted to know if you were interested in a few suggestions/bugs I had/noticed, and if so, I you'd like me to post that here or though PM.

Thanks again for your work on this game and best wishes for this year!
    Hi, I'm happy to hear you enjoyed, truly appreciate it!

To answer your questions:
    - If I didn't screw it up, it should be done the same way as the Japanese versions, which is "You must have all 16 badges, beat a minigame, and complete a quiz to have the attendent at the Pokemon Communication Center in Goldenrod City give you a GS Ball."
    - I probably messed that up lol 😭 maybe the rainbow wing does fix that. I haven't touched the Tin Tower much so I assume it should work as intended.
    - The Kanto birds are unavailable in my hack, as I replaced them with other Pokemon. I didn't know where to place them lol so I just yeeted them out.
    - I think you did complete everything the ROM had to offer. I hope it didn't feel too shallow.

You can PM me for any other bugs and I'll try to get to them ASAP! Thank you for taking your time to play and give feedback on my work!

Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2024
    How to pure trade evolutions like Machamp and Alakazam evolve? just pure level up?

Edit: it would appear they evolve at level 38, at least Machoke does.

Last edited:
    Days
    • she/her
    • Seen today
    How to pure trade evolutions like Machamp and Alakazam evolve? just pure level up?

Edit: it would appear they evolve at level 38, at least Machoke does.
    Yes, all trade evos now evolve through level. Alakazam isn't in the game but. Machoke at 38, Haunter at 40, Graveler at 37, and all Pokemon that need an item while trading, don't need to be traded. The item can just be used on them like an evolutionary stone.

Days
    • she/her
    • Seen today
    I have just released another update for this game, fixing a few bugs and changing some Pokemon to be a little more viable. I hope this will make the game experience better for all players. The changelog has been updated to reflect the changes and there's a "Update 1.3 Changelog:" section added to the first post here. If there are any other bugs people are experiencing, or the game balance feels off, do let me know, either through a comment here or a PM.

I might also release an update later fixing some sprites. It doesn't affect anything but I feel like some sprites' quality is worse than what I would like.

Years
    • Online now
    I see in the OP that some warps were incorrect, and that some NPC's could turn into a jumble of text while walking. Have those bugs been fixed yet?

Back